Eflora Cream 15 gm
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharmaceuticals, India
Eflora Cream 13.9% w/w 15 Gm (Eflornithine)
What Is The Generic Name Of Eflora Cream:
Eflornithine is the generic version of Eflora Cream
USA Brands Equivalent To Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine):
About Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine):
Eflornithine (13.9% w/w) is the active agent present in Eflora cream. It is used in the treatment of facial Hirsutism and can be found at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Manufacturer Of Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine):
Sun Pharmaceuticals (India) is the one of the leading Pharmaceutical Company which manufactures Eflora Cream 15 gm.
Strength Of Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine):
Eflora Cream 15 gm contains Eflornithine 13.9% w/w in a 15 gm tube. All the leading Pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical stores are the places; you can find this medicinal tube in different strengths and substitutes.
Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine) Is Used For The Treatment Of:
It is used in the treatment of:
- Facial Hirsutism
How Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine) Works:
Eflora Cream contains Eflornithine which basically stops the activity of a chemical involved in the production of hair on the face.
Before You Use Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine):
You should be sure that:
- You are not allergic to it
- It is not affecting the mother and baby during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- It is not interacting with the medicines you are taking with it
When Not To Use Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine):
You should avoid using the Cream if you:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have itching problem
- Want to use some other topical agent on the same area at the same time
- Skin is accidentally injured, has wounds, and scrapes
- Are pregnant/breastfeeding women
- Are below 18 yrs of age
Have applied sunscreen or other makeup applications
Avoid the cream application within 5 minutes of using any hair removal technique such as waxing or shaving or on broken or inflamed skin as it may cause irritation.
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are allergic to Eflornithine
- If symptoms do not disappear even after 2 to 4 weeks of applying Eflora Cream
- Are Pregnant/ conceiving/breastfeeding as it may harm the unborn or newly born baby
- Have open wounds, chopped and dry skin, and other skin injuries
- Are taking any other topical medicines or products
Eflora Cream 15 gm (Efornithine) may be available in various strengths at every leading online pharmacy stores, drugstore, and medical supply store. It should be used as directed by your doctor.
Always apply the required amount of Cream only as too much application will not increase the healing process but will pile up of the Cream. Do not apply this Cream for a few minutes if you have already applied another Cream or ointment on affected area or vice-versa.
How Much Of Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine) Should Be Applied:
Take required amount of Cream in your hand and apply a thin layer of the Cream to the affected area as suggested by your doctor. Use the cream in every 8 hrs. gap.
How To Apply Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine):
- Clean and dry your hands and the affected area properly prior to the Cream application
- Take a pea size cream/thin layer on your finger and apply it by rubbing gently over the affected area (avoid applying near eyes, mouth, nose and inner ear).
- Wash your hands properly after cream application unless your hands are the affected area.
For How Long Should You Continue Applying Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine):
Effects of the cream usually become noticeable after few weeks of its usage. Do not stop using it if effects are unnoticeable (it may show hair growth again if you will stop applying in between). Always discuss with your doctor before discontinuing it or starting it.
Overdose Of Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine):
Too much application of the cream results only in piling up of Cream. It will show its effect on time and applying excess of it will not accelerate the process.
Sometimes, It may show the side effects on the excessive application. Contact your doctor if you observe the overdose symptoms.
Missed Dose Of Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine):
A missed dose should be applied as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular routine. Do not apply multiple times at the same time.
Side Effects Of Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine):
- Irritation, Itching, stinging or burning at application site
- Reddening of skin
- Dry or peeling skin
- Skin Rashes
- Hair bumps
- Hair loss
- Hair Follicle Inflammation
Drugs Interact With Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine):
Eflora Cream may interact with other medicines, topical agents or herbal supplements which may cause either a serious adverse effect and may nullify the effect of the Cream. Cosmetics and other topical products also can interact with it.
Eflora Cream 15 gm is contraindicated in:
- Hypersensitive conditions
- Infections or Inflammation
- Skin Injuries, cuts, and wounds
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Children below 18 years of age
Warning And Precautions:
- If allergy persists for long after using the Cream, then stop using it and contact your doctor.
- Try to avoid direct contact with your eyes, mouth, nose or other sensitive areas. If accidentally happens then wash your eyes, mouth properly with water.
- Apply the cream on fresh and dried skin and wash the area after 4 hours of cream application
- Keep the tube in proper conditions and out of the reach of children.
Things To Remember:
- Read the insert of the tube thoroughly.
- Always inform your doctor about your medical history and follow the instructions as directed.
How To Store Eflora Cream 15 Gm (Eflornithine):
Keep the bottle at room temperature and clean place. Avoid refrigeration.