Finpecia 1 Mg
USA Brand Name
Finpecia is marketed globally by Cipla and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. The active ingredient present in Finpecia is Finasteride.
Manufacturer of Finpecia 1 Mg
Finpecia, that contains either 1mg or 5 mg of Finasteride is manufactured by Cipla and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store.
Finpecia contains either 1 mg or 5 mg Finasteride.
USA Brands Equivalent to Finasteride, The Salt Present In Finpecia
The following are the USA brands equivalent to Finpecia:
Uses of Finasteride, The Salt Present In Finpecia
- Finasteride 1 mg is used to help hair growth in case of male pattern baldness. It may take up to 3 months to see the full effect.
- Finasteride 5mg is used to treat the signs of an enlarged prostate. It may take a few months to see the full effect.
- It may be given to you for other reasons.
How Finpecia 1 Mg Works
Finasteride competitively inhibits type II 5-alpha-reductase, resulting in inhibition of the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone and markedly suppresses serum dihydrotestosterone levels.
How To Take Finpecia 1 Mg
- Use this drug as advised by your physician. Read all the information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- This drug can be taken with or without food.
- Take this drug at the same time of the day, each day.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Keep taking this drug as you have been told by your doctor even if you feel well.
- Read the package insert for more details.
Finasteride, the salt present in Finpecia, is available as 1 mg and 5 mg tablets at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store.
How Long Should I Continue Taking Finpecia 1 Mg
It is always advisable to consult your physician before you start/stop taking the drug. Avoid taking such decisions on your own and do not self-medicate.
Missed Dose Of Finpecia 1 Mg
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take multiple doses at the same time
Drug That Interacts With Finasteride, The Salt Present In Finpecia
No major drug interactions.
When Not To Take Finpecia 1 Mg
- If you have an allergy to Finasteride or any other ingredient of this drug.
- If you are allergic to any drugs, food items or substances, tell your physician.
- If you are a woman. This drug is not approved for use in women. If you are a woman using this drug, talk with your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- This drug may interact with other drugs or health problems.
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this drug with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
Side Effects of Finpecia 1 Mg
- An allergic reaction. Signs include- rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- A lump in the breast, breast soreness, or nipple discharge.
- Enlarged breasts.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out
- Low mood (depression)
- For males, testicle pain
Overdose of Finasteride, The Salt in Finpecia
The overdose effects may vary depending on several factors such as the amount of drug ingested and whether it is taken with other substances such as alcohol and drugs.
General Information and Precautions
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you start taking any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
- If you suspect an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this drug. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how this drug affects you.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly over a few minutes when sitting or lying down. Be careful climbing stairs.
- This drug may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take this drug.
- Do not donate blood while using this drug and for 1 month after stopping.
- Some doses of this drug may raise the chance of a type of prostate cancer. Talk to your doctor.
- Rarely, male breast cancer has happened with this drug. Talk to your doctor.
- This drug may lower sperm count in men.
- This drug is not approved for use in children. Talk with the doctor.
- Pregnant women must not handle crushed or broken tablets. Talk with the doctor.
- For enlarged prostate: Have a rectal exam (to check prostate gland) and blood work (PSA test). Talk to your doctor.