Flixonase Nasal Spray 50 Mcg
US Brand Name
Flixonase 50 Mcg Nasal Spray (Fluticasone Propionate)
What Is The Generic Name For Flixonase 50 Mcg?
Fluticasone Propionate is the generic version for Flixonase 50 Mcg
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Flixonase 50 Mcg (Fluticasone Propionate)?
About Fluticasone Propionate (Fluticasone Propionate)?
Flixonase 50 Mcg contains an active ingredient, Fluticasone Propionate 50 mcg, and used for the treatment of Severe Allergic Reaction, Allergic Disorders, Asthma, Skin Disorders, and Oral Lichen Planus. You can buy it from all the leading online pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores but it can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Glaxo SmithKline (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Flixonase 50 mcg Nasal Spray.
Flixonase 50 Mcg contains an active ingredient, Fluticasone Propionate 50 mcg, which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, medical supply stores and drugstores.
What Are The Uses Of The Flixonase 50 Mcg (Fluticasone Propionate)?
Flixonase 50 mcg is used in the treatment of:
- Severe Allergic Reactions
- Allergic Disorders
- Skin Disorders
- Oral Lichen Planus
How Flixonase 50 Mcg (Fluticasone Propionate) Works?
Flixonase 50 Mcg is consisting of Fluticasone Propionate (a steroid) which basically works by preventing the release of the substances in the body that cause inflammation and allergies.
Before You Use Flixonase 50 Mcg (Fluticasone Propionate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to its contents
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Flixonase 50 Mcg (Fluticasone Propionate)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving and activity that involve your alertness
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Flixonase 50 Mcg (Fluticasone Propionate)?
You should avoid Arzep Nasal Spray if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy to its contents or Milk Proteins
- Have Lung Infection
- Have Liver Disease
- Have Thin or Brittle Bones
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- You should not use this nasal spray to treat an asthma attack that has already begun
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergy
- Have Lung Infection, Breathing Problem, and Cold
- Have Liver Disease
- Have Thin or Brittle Bones
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies which may
Flixonase 50 Mcg contains an active ingredient, Fluticasone Propionate, used in the treatment of Severe Allergic Reaction, Allergic Disorders, Asthma, Skin Disorders, and Oral Lichen Planus. It may be available in various strengths and substitutes but it should be given on doctor’s prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Patients are advised to take Flixonase 50 mcg at a fixed time regularly. Do not inhale larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Flixonase 50 Mcg (Fluticasone Propionate) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Flixonase 50 Mcg. It may be one or twice a day depending on the severity of the disease.
How To Take The Flixonase 50 Mcg (Fluticasone Propionate)?
Flixonase 50 Mcg should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor.
Moreover, you should insert the bottle tip into one nostril and close the other nostril. Direct the spray away from the dividing cartilage and towards the sides of your nostrils. As you spray it, try to breathe gently. Repeat this step in the other nostril for the medication.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Flixonase 50 Mcg?
You are always advised to take the Nasal Spray as long as prescribed by your doctor.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting that you have taken a high dose and due to that you are facing severe side effects.
A missed dose of Flixonase 50 mcg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take multiple doses next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Flixonase 50 Mcg (Fluticasone Propionate)?
- Electrolyte Imbalance
- Redistribution/Accumulation of Body Fat
- Bone Degradation
- Increased Risk of Infection
- Muscle Disorders
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Altered Bone Growth
- Skin Scar
- Behavioral Changes
- Increased Glucose Level in Blood
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with the Nasal Spray contents which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other medicines or Herbal Supplements as these may interact with your Flixonase 50 mcg.
Warning And Precaution:
Flixonase 50 mcg should be used very cautiously in:
- Lung Inflammation/ Infection
- It is not recommended for pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Shake well before using the contents
- You should always remember to clean the spray tip and replace the protective cap after usage.
- Consult your doctor in case you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the medication
Always use the spray only if recommended by your physician.
Read the insert carefully.
Store it at room temperature in a dark, clean and dry place. Do not freeze it.