Foligraf 75 IU
US Brand Name
75 IU 10 ml
Bharat Serums & Vaccines, India
Foligraf 75 IU (10 Ml) (Urofollitropin)
What Is The Generic Name For Foligraf:
Urofollitropin is the generic version for Foligraf
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Foligraf 75 IU (Urofollitropin):
- Follistim AQ
About Foligraf 75 IU (Urofollitropin):
Foligraf 75 IU contains Urofollitropin 75 IU which is used in the treatment of female infertility and male hypogonadism. This injection must be administered by a doctor or a nurse but you can buy it from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores if you have a doctor’s prescription.
One of the leading companies, Bharat Serums, and Vaccines (India) is manufacturing Foligraf 75 IU.
Foligraf contains Urofollitropin 75 IU per 10 ml of injection. This combination may also be available in other substitutes at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Foligraf 75 IU (Urofollitropin):
Foligraf 75 IU is used to treat:
- Infertility Treatment
- Man Hypogonadism
How Foligraf 75 IU (Urofollitropin) Works:
Foligraf 75 IU containing Urofollitropin is a follicle-stimulating hormone basically helps in the release of the ovary (ovulation) who are not ovulating and also helps to develop more follicles in women undergoing assisted reproductive technology procedures. It also helps in producing sperms which are due to a low level of hormones.
Before You Use Foligraf 75 IU (Urofollitropin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to its contents
- You have informed the doctor about your Pre-existing diseases, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Foligraf 75 IU (Urofollitropin):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Foligraf 75 IU (Urofollitropin):
You should avoid Foligraf 75 IU if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs)
- Have Cancers of breast, ovary, uterus, testicle, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland
- Are a female and having polycystic ovary disease (development of cysts in the ovaries due to increased production of male hormones by the ovaries and adrenal gland)
- Have unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Have Asthma
- Have severe gastrointestinal/Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Hypersensitive to it
- Are having any liver/ Kidney disease
- Are experiencing lower abdominal pain along with an urge to vomit (nausea) or more severe complications such as decreased urine production, weight gain, difficulty in breathing or possible fluid accumulation in your stomach or chest which may indicate that you are developing serious problems of ovaries related to use of fertility medicines (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome)
- Are at risk of developing medical complications because of multiple pregnancies/deliveries
- Have Asthma, gastrointestinal disease, seizures, and brain disease, etc.
- Have any other Infection or Disease
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Foligraf 75 IU contains Urofollitropin, which is also available in various substitutes and must be administered by a doctor or a nurse only. Always consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the injection as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Foligraf 75 IU at a fixed time and must be injected by a doctor or a nurse. Do not self administer the drug. It is not recommended for infants and pregnant women.
How Much Of The Foligraf 75 IU (Urofollitropin) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Foligraf 75 IU. The dose which is to give is depending upon the severity of the infection.
How To Take The Foligraf 75 IU (Urofollitropin):
Foligraf 75 IU should be administered by a doctor or a nurse. Do not self administer the injection.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Foligraf 75 IU (Urofollitropin)
You are always advised to take Foligraf 75 IU as prescribed by your doctor. Patients are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended but they should complete the course.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms.
A missed dose of Foligraf 75 IU should be taken as soon as you remember that too after consulting with your doctor. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Foligraf 75 IU (Urofollitropin)
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
- Skin rash
- Abdominal pain
- Swelling of the breast in male
- Gastrointestinal discomfort
- Ovarian cysts
- Pain and allergy at the injection site
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Cilanem may interact with other medicines, which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Hence, always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Live vaccines
Warning And Precaution:
Foligraf 75 IU should be used very cautiously in patients having:
- Allergy to any of its contents
- Impaired gastrointestinal/ kidney/ Liver function
- It is not recommended if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Consult your doctor for dosage adjustment and effective treatment if you have the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Foligraf is not used for the patients who have ovaries that cannot produce eggs (primary ovarian failure) and who have testes which cannot produce sperms, women experiencing early menopause (a time in life of a woman when her menstrual periods stop) or malformed reproductive organs
- Keep out of reach of children
- Keep monitoring Kidney/Liver and Blood Cell counts while taking this medicine
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Injection
Do not stop taking Foligraf 75 IU on your own in between the course or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician.
Store the injection at a cool temperature in a clean and dry place. Make sure that the injection is not damaged.