Furamist Nasal Spray 27.5 Mcg
US Brand Name
Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray- Nasal Spray (Fluticasone Furoate)
What Is The Generic Name For Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray?
Fluticasone Furoate is the generic version for Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray (Fluticasone Furoate)?
About Fluticasone Furoate (Fluticasone Furoate):
Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray contains an active ingredient, Fluticasone Furoate 27.5 Mcg/ Spray (a corticosteroid) which is used for the treatment of Severe Allergic Reaction, Asthma, Sneezing, Stuffy, Runny or Itchy nose and Non-seasonal Rhinitis. You can buy it from all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores but it can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray.
Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray contains an active ingredient, Fluticasone Furoate 27.5 Mcg/ Spray, which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, medical supply stores and drugstores.
What Are The Uses Of The Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray (Fluticasone Furoate)?
Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray is used in the treatment of:
- Severe Allergic Reaction
- Itching and Sneezing
- Non-Seasonal Rhinitis
How Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray (Fluticasone Furoate) Works?
Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray; consisting of Fluticasone Furoate (a steroid) which basically works by preventing the release of the substances in the body that cause inflammation and allergies.
Before You Use Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray (Fluticasone Furoate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to its contents
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray (Fluticasone Furoate)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving and activity that involve your alertness
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray (Fluticasone Furoate)?
You should avoid Arzep Nasal Spray if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy to its contents or Milk Proteins
- Have Lung Infection/ Inflammation
- Have Liver Disease
- Have Thin or Brittle Bones
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- You should not use this nasal spray to treat an asthma attack that has already begun
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergy
- Have Lung Infection, Breathing Problem, and Cold
- Have Liver Disease
- Have Thin or Brittle Bones
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies which may affect its therapeutic effect
Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray contains an active ingredient, Fluticasone Furoate, used in the treatment of Severe Allergic Reaction, Allergic Disorders, Asthma, Sneezing & Itching, and Rhinitis. It may be available in various strengths and substitutes but it should be given on doctor’s prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Patients are advised to take Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray at a fixed time regularly. Do not inhale larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray (Fluticasone Furoate) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray. It may be once or twice a day depending on the severity of the disease.
How To Take The Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray (Fluticasone Furoate)?
Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor.
Moreover, you must insert the bottle tip into one nostril and close the other nostril. Direct the spray away from the dividing cartilage towards the sides of your nostril. As you spray it, try to breathe gently. Repeat this step in the other nostril.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray (Fluticasone Furoate)?
You are always advised to take the Nasal Spray as long as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it for a longer period unless prescribed by your doctor.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting that you have taken a high dose and due to that you are facing severe side effects.
A missed dose of Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take multiple doses next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Furamist 27.5 Mcg/ Spray (Fluticasone Furoate)?
- Electrolyte Imbalance
- Redistribution/Accumulation of Body Fat
- Bone Degradation
- Increased Risk of Infection
- Muscle Disorders
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Altered Bone Growth
- Skin Scar
- Behavioral Changes
- Increased Glucose Level in Blood
- Numbness of fingers
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with the Nasal Spray contents which can produce some adverse reactions or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other medicines or Herbal Supplements as these may interact with your Furamist 27.5 mcg/ Spray.
Warning And Precaution:
Furamist 27.5 mcg/ Spray should be used very cautiously in:
- Lung Inflammation/ Infection
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Shake well before using the contents
- You should always remember to clean the spray tip and replace the protective cap after usage.
- Consult your doctor in case you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the medication
- Always use the spray only if recommended by your physician.
- Read the insert carefully before use.
Store it at room temperature in a dark, clean and dry place. Do not freeze it.