Geftinat 250 Mg
USA Brand Name
Natco Pharma, India
Geftinat 250 Mg (Gefitinib)
What Is The Generic Name For Geftinat:
Gefitinib is the generic version for Geftinat
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Geftinat 250 mg (Gefitinib):
About Geftinat 250 Mg (Gefitinib):
Geftinat 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Gefitinib, which is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. It is also used in patients in whom it has spread to other parts of the body, who have abnormal epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) genes, and who have not had previous treatment for cancer and may be found at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Natco Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Geftinat 250 mg.
Geftinat 250 mg contains Gefitinib, 250 mg per tablet which is also available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Geftinat 250 Mg (Gefitinib):
- Geftinat 250 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and other cancerous conditions
How Geftinat 250 Mg (Gefitinib) Works:
Geftinat 250 mg contains Gefitinib which blocks the action of the abnormal protein present in the body (signals cancer cells to multiply) and helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
Before You Use Geftinat 250 Mg (Gefitinib):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Gefitinib
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Geftinat 250 Mg (Gefitinib):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Smoking
- Avoid taking antacids before 2 hr and after 1 hr of taking Geftinat
- Avoid being pregnant if you are taking this medicine
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Geftinat 250 Mg (Gefitinib):
You should not use Geftinat 250 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have eye problems (ulcers in the front part of the eye, inflammation in the eye)
- Have recently received radiotherapy or any other cytotoxic agent
- Are Breastfeeding/Pregnant
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Bleeding Problems
- Have Liver/ Kidney Problems
- Have Diabetes
- Are taking Warfarin
- Develop symptoms like weakness, loss of appetite, nausea/vomiting, severe blistering or peeling of the skin, severe pain in the abdomen, pain, and redness in the eye, and blurred vision
- Have had a Surgery or have been operated recently
- Take Alcohol
- Are Pregnant/ Conceiving/ Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Geftinat 250 mg contains Gefitinib, which is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer and is available in various strengths and substitutes but should be given on prescription only. Consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
It is not recommended for the Pediatric Population and children below 18 yrs of age.
How Much Of The Geftinat 250 Mg (Gefitinib) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Geftinat 250 mg. Do not exceed the dose on your own as it may result in adverse effects.
How To Take The Geftinat 250 Mg (Gefitinib):
Geftinat 250 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly and is to be taken with or without the food. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Geftinat 250 Mg (Gefitinib)
You are always advised to take Geftinat 250 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your physician or reach a nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms.
A missed dose of Geftinat 250 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Geftinat 250 Mg (Gefitinib)
- Weakness/ Fatigue
- Skin Rashes and dry skin
- Abdominal pain
- Stomatitis (Mouth Inflammation)
- Edema (swelling)
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Decreased Blood cells (white blood cell count, Red Blood Cells causing Anaemia and Platelets)
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Dry Mouth and Mouth Ulcers
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Geftinat 250 mg may interact with other medicines/products you are using at the same time. It may produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always discuss it with your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It may interact with the few diseased conditions:
- Eye Disease or Inflammation
- Liver Disease
- Lung Disease
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
Warning And Precaution:
Geftinat 250 mg should be used very cautiously or avoided in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Skin Problems
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- Regular monitoring of blood count is needed if you are taking Warfarin
- Keep out of reach of children
- Ask your doctor if you have any confusion related to the dosage, time, and the strength of the Tablet
Do not stop taking Geftinat 250 mg on your own or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician.
Store it at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets are not damaged.