Imatib 100 Mg
USA Brand Name
Imatib 100 Mg (Imatinib)
What Is The Generic Name For Imatib:
Imatinib is the generic version for Imatib
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Imatib 100 mg (Imatinib):
About Imatib 100 Mg (Imatinib):
Imatib 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Imatinib, which is used in the treatment of blood cancer (Chronic myeloid leukaemia) and gastrointestinal stomal tumor. This prescription only drug is available at any of the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Imatib 100 mg. It can be purchased from our online pharmacy.
Imatib 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Imatinib, 100 mg per capsule which is available in the various strengths and other substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Imatib 100 Mg (Imatinib):
Imatib 100 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Blood Cancer (Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia)
- Gastrointestinal Stomal Tumor
- Bone marrow cancer
- Skin Cancer
How Imatib 100 Mg (Imatinib) Works:
Imatinib as an anti cancer agent helps to slow or stop the spread of cancer cells by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply.
Before You Use Imatib 100 Mg (Imatinib):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Imatinib
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Imatib 100 Mg (Imatinib):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Smoking
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Imatib 100 Mg (Imatinib):
You should not use Imatib if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have recently received radiotherapy or any other cytotoxic agent
- Are Breastfeeding/Pregnant
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Blood Problems and Diabetes
- Have Liver/ Kidney Problems
- Are suffering from breathing difficulty with fever or cough
- Develop symptoms like Swelling due to water retention and rapid weight gain
- Have had a Surgery or have been operated recently
- Take Alcohol
- Are Pregnant/ Conceiving/ Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Imatib 100 mg contains Imatinib, which is used in the treatment of Blood Cancer and Gastrointestinal Stomal Tumor. Imatib 100 mg is a prescription only drug and may be available in various strengths and other substitutes. Consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
It is not recommended for Pediatric Population and children below 18 yrs of age.
How Much Of The Imatib 100 Mg (Imatinib) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Imatib 100 mg. Do not exceed the dose on your own as it may result in adverse effects. Also do not reduce the dose yourself as it will lead to non-satisfactory results.
How To Take The Imatib 100 Mg (Imatinib):
Imatib 100 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time and is to be taken with food and a glass full of water. Swallow the capsule as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Imatib 100 Mg (Imatinib)
You are always advised to take Imatib 100 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it for shorter or longer time than recommended.
Contact your physician or reach nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms.
A missed dose of Imatib 100 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Imatib 100 Mg (Imatinib)
- Nausea /Vomiting
- Mouth sores
- Loss of appetite
- Altered sense of taste
- Heartburn and indigestion
- Joint pain, stiffness, and swelling
- Burning or tingling sensation of skin
- Difficulty in falling or staying asleep
- Skin rash, hives, or itching
- Hair loss or thinning of the hair
- Swelling or the hands, feet, ankle, around eyes, and lower legs
- breathing difficulty
- Fast/irregular heart beat
- Presence of blood in cough
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Abdominal pain or bloating
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Imatib 100 mg effects may interact with other medicines or other products you are using. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always discuss it with your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. Grapefruit juice is not recommended as it interacts with the drug. It interacts with the following medicines:
- BCG Vaccine
It may interact with the few diseased conditions:
- Bone marrow Suppression
- Fluid retention and edema
- Heart and blood vessels disorders
- Liver/ Kidney Disorders
Warning And Precaution:
Imatib 100 mg should be used very cautiously or avoided in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Elderly usage
- Live vaccine
- Dizziness or blurred vision
- Growth Retardation
- Internal bleeding and hemorrhage
- Growth retardation
- Fluid retention and edema
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- Take necessary contraceptive measures while taking this capsule.
- Regular monitoring of blood count is needed while taking it
- Keep out of reach of children
- Ask your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dosage, time, and the strength of the Capsule
Do not stop taking Imatib 100 mg in between the course or do not increase or decrease the dose on your own. Always follow your doctor’s instructions.
Store it at room temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure that the capsules should be intact and not damaged.