Ivecop 6 Mg
USA Brand Name
Menarini India Pvt Ltd
About Ivecop 6 mg
Ivecop 6 mg is an effective medication for River Blindness, Scabies, head lice, and other parasitic infections.
Ivermectin, the active ingredient of this antiparasitic drug, is used to treat several tropical diseases, including Onchocerciasis, Helminthiases, and Filariasis.
Ivecop 6 acts to treat parasitic infections by paralyzing or killing the parasite in the body.
Uses of Ivecop 6
Ivecop is an antiparasitic drug that works to treat parasitic infections,
Doctors recommend Ivecop's 6 mg tablet for the treatment of infections like:
- Scabies: This infection is caused by the parasite Sarcoptes scabiei. It is highly contagious and causes itchy skin.
- Onchocerciasis: Also known as ''River Blindness'', this disease affects the skin and eyes. This infection spreads through repeated bites of infected black flies.
- Strongyloidiasis: This medical condition is caused by parasitic roundworm Strongyloides stercoralis. Humans mostly get this infection by exposure to contaminated soil.
- Filariasis: It is a tropical disease caused by a thread-like parasitic roundworm. Ivecop 6 mg can kill a lot of worms and contain the infection.
How does Ivecop 6 mg work?
The medicine contains Ivermectin in significant amounts. It is a semi-synthetic, anthelmintic agent.
The drug selectively binds to the Glutamate-gated Chloride ion channels in the nerve and muscle cells of the organism.
This binding results in the cell membrane becoming more permeable to Chloride ions.
The excessive ions cause the cell to Hyperpolarize, which results in the paralysis and death of the parasite.
How to take 6mg of Ivecop?
- Check with your doctor before taking the 6 mg Ivecop tablet
- You should take the tablet orally with a glass of water
- Do not crush or chew the medicine
- Take the pill on an empty stomach or after your meal, as prescribed by your doctor
- It is usually prescribed as a single-dose drug, while you should take these Ivecop tablets strictly as the doctor advises
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. Please abstain from overdosing on the drug.
What are the available strengths of Ivecop?
Ivecop 6 mg, manufactured by A. Menarini India Pvt Ltd, is available in multiple strengths such as:
The medicine may have some side effects, such as:
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash
- Muscle Pain
- Swelling of the face, arms, hands, and lower legs
This medicine for parasitic infections might mildly interact with the below-mentioned medicines:
You should avoid this medicine if you are suffering from the following conditions:
Things to remember
- Do not consume Ivecop 6 Mg if you are allergic to its ingredient
- Before taking this drug, inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or trying to conceive
- Drink lots of fluids and avoid caffeine when taking this medication
- Avoid consuming alcohol with this medication as it may increase the risk of side effects
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children
Keep the medicine at room temperature below 30℃. Prevent exposure to direct sunlight and moisture.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long should I continue taking this medicine?
This medication is a single-dose drug. If the infection is not cured, your doctor may recommend additional doses after a few months.
Can I intake Ivermectin if I am pregnant?
Ivermectin tablets are not recommended for pregnant women. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
Can I use this medicine if I am breastfeeding?
This medicine is not suitable for breastfeeding women. It would be best to consult your doctor.
How long do you have to wait to eat after taking Ivermectin?
Ivermectin is an FDA-approved drug used as an active ingredient in Ivecop 6 mg. Take this medication on an empty stomach, at least 30 minutes before or 2 hours after eating. Take your medicine at regular intervals.