Licab 300 Mg
USA Brand Name
Torent Pharmaceuticals, India
Licab 300 Mg (Lithium Carbonate)
What Is The Generic Name For Licab 300 Mg?
Lithium Carbonate is the generic version for Licab 300 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Licab 300 Mg (Lithium Carbonate)?
About Licab 300 Mg (Lithium Carbonate):
Licab 300 mg containing an active ingredient, Lithium Carbonate 300 mg per tablet is used in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder and Mania. You may find at all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Torrent Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Licab 300 mg.
Licab 300 mg contains an active ingredient, Lithium Carbonate, 300 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Licab 300 Mg (Lithium Carbonate)?
Licab 300 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Bipolar Disorder
How Licab 300 Mg (Lithium Carbonate) Works?
Licab 300 mg has an active ingredient, Lithium Carbonate, which basically suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Before You Use Licab 300 Mg (Lithium Carbonate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Lithium Carbonate
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Licab 300 Mg (Lithium Carbonate)?
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should avoid Coffee and Alcohol as they can lower the Licab concentrations
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Licab 300 Mg (Lithium Carbonate)?
You should avoid Licab 300 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Mood Disorders
- Have severe Thyroid Disorder
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Mood Disorders or Suicidal Thoughts
- Have Thyroid Disorder
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Engage yourself in vigorous exercise/have any illness that causes Sweating, Vomiting, or Diarrhoea as these conditions can cause the variation in Licab levels in the blood.
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies.
Licab 300 mg contains an active ingredient, Lithium Carbonate, which is used in the treatment of Epilepsy and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the medicine as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Licab 300 mg at a fixed time, with or without the meal. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. Special care should be taken in case of children (<12 years)
How Much Of The Licab 300 Mg (Lithium Carbonate) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Licab 300 mg.
How To Take The Licab 300 Mg (Lithium Carbonate)?
Licab 300 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Licab 300 Mg?
You are always advised to take Licab 300 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended. Do not stop if you start feeling better as its unusual withdrawal can lead to increased Seizures.
Contact your physician immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose
A missed dose of Licab 300 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Licab 300 Mg (Lithium Carbonate)?
- Increased thirst
- Frequent urination
- Weight gain
- Swelling of the extremities
- Blurred vision
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle weakness
- Slurred speech
- Loss of balance
- Inability to urinate
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Licab 300mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Ayurvedic or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEI's)
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Heart Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Licab 300 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Severe Heart Disease
- Brugada’s Syndrome
- Fluid and electrolyte Balance
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Monitoring of Kidney, Heart, and Thyroid Function is a must while taking this medicine.
- Despite your inconvenience, your Licab blood levels, kidney function, and thyroid function need to be monitored as long as you take Licab tablet
- You must take 2-4 liters of water/fluids and a normal amount of salt regularly per day while taking this treatment.
- Keep the medicine away from Children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Licab 300 mg abruptly or suddenly or do not take for longer than prescribed as it may increase the risk of adverse effects like Dizziness, Loss of balance, Seizures, Diarrhea, Vomiting, etc.
Store the Licab 300mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.