Lipvas 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
Lipvas 40 Mg (Atorvastatin)
What Is The Generic Name For Lipvas 40 Mg?
Atorvastatin is the generic version for Lipvas 40 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Lipvas 40 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
About Lipvas 40 Mg (Atorvastatin)
Lipvas 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Atorvastatin, which is used in the treatment of increased triglycerides, increased LDL levels and available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Lipvas 40 mg.
Lipvas 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Atorvastatin, 40 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Lipvas 40 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
Lipvas 40 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Primary Hypercholesterolemia (high levels of cholesterol in the blood)
- Mixed Dyslipidemia
- Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases
How Lipvas 40 Mg (Atorvastatin) Works?
Lipvas 40 mg has an active ingredient, Atorvastatin is a cholesterol-lowering agent. It basically works by blocking an enzyme (HMG-CoA-reductase) which is required in the body to make cholesterol. It thus lowers bad cholesterol (LDL), triglycerides and raises good cholesterol (HDL).
Before You Use Lipvas 40 Mg (Atorvastatin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Atorvastatin
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your medical history (about your Surgeries, all diseases, pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Lipvas 40 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Lipvas 40 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
You should not take Lipvas 40 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Rhabdomyolysis
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Ailments
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Diabetes
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Have any other Dysfunction or Disease
Lipvas 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Atorvastatin, which is used in the treatment of Hypertension and Heart Failure. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Lipvas 40 mg at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. Try to take it regularly by time for better effects.
How Much Of The Lipvas 40 Mg (Atorvastatin) to Be Used?
Lipvas 40 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Lipvas 40 mg.
How To Take The Lipvas 40 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
Lipvas 40 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food. Lipvas 40 mg is preferably taken regularly once or twice daily as directed by your physician.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Lipvas 40 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
You are always advised to take Lipvas 40 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Lipvas 40 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Lipvas 40 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Lipvas 40 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Allergic Reaction
- Increased Liver Enzymes
- Increased Creatine Phosphokinase (CPK) level in the blood
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Running Nose
- Difficulty in breathing
- Joint Swelling
- Increased Glucose Levels
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Lipvas 40 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications or Supplements. Grapefruit Juice is strictly prohibited in the Patients taking Atorvastatin. It interacts with the following medicines:
It also interacts with the following diseased conditions:
- Liver Disease
- Cognitive Impairment
Warning And Precaution:
Lipvas 40 mg can worsen the conditions like:
- Cognitive Impairment
- Increases Blood Sugar Levels
- Muscle Degradation in Elderly
- Liver/Kidney Diseases
- It should not be given to Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment when you are suffering from all these conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Regular Exercise and Proper Diet is necessary
- Monitor Blood Glucose Level regularly
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Lipvas 40 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Always take the doses on time for a persistent effect.
Store the Lipvas 40 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.