Lipvas 20 Mg
US Brand Name
Lipvas 20 Mg (Atorvastatin)
What Is The Generic Name For Lipvas 20 Mg?
Atorvastatin is the generic version for Lipvas 20 mg
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Lipvas 20 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
About Lipvas 20 Mg (Atorvastatin)
Lipvas 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Atorvastatin, which is used in the treatment of increased triglycerides, increased LDL levels and available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Lipvas 20 mg.
Lipvas 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Atorvastatin, 20 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Lipvas 20 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
Lipvas 20 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Primary Hypercholesterolemia (high levels of cholesterol in the blood)
- Mixed Dyslipidemia
- Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases
How Lipvas 20 Mg (Atorvastatin) Works?
Lipvas 20 mg has an active ingredient, Atorvastatin is a cholesterol-lowering agent. It basically works by blocking an enzyme (HMG-CoA-reductase) which is required in the body to make cholesterol. It thus lowers bad cholesterol (LDL), triglycerides and raises good cholesterol (HDL).
Before You Use Lipvas 20 Mg (Atorvastatin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Atorvastatin
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your medical history (about your Surgeries, all diseases, pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Lipvas 20 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Lipvas 20 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
You should not take Lipvas 20 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Rhabdomyolysis
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Ailments
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Diabetes
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Have any other Dysfunction or Disease
Lipvas 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Atorvastatin, which is used in the treatment of Hypertension and Heart Failure. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Lipvas 20 mg at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. Try to take it regularly by time for better effects.
How Much Of The Lipvas 20 Mg (Atorvastatin) to Be Used?
Lipvas 20 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Lipvas 20 mg.
How To Take The Lipvas 20 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
Lipvas 20 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food. Lipvas 20 mg is preferably taken regularly once or twice daily as directed by your physician.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Lipvas 20 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
You are always advised to take Lipvas 20 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Lipvas 20 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Lipvas 20 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Lipvas 20 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Allergic Reaction
- Increased Liver Enzymes
- Increased Creatine Phosphokinase (CPK) level in the blood
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Running Nose
- Difficulty in breathing
- Joint Swelling
- Increased Glucose Levels
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Lipvas 20 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications or Supplements. Grapefruit Juice is strictly prohibited in the Patients taking Atorvastatin. It interacts with the following medicines:
It also interacts with the following diseased conditions:
- Liver Disease
- Cognitive Impairment
Warning And Precaution:
Lipvas 20 mg can worsen the conditions like:
- Cognitive Impairment
- Increases Blood Sugar Levels
- Muscle Degradation in Elderly
- Liver/Kidney Diseases
- It should not be given to Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment when you are suffering from all these conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Regular Exercise and Proper Diet is necessary
- Monitor Blood Glucose Level regularly
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Lipvas 20 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Always take the doses on time for a persistent effect.
Store the Lipvas 20 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.