USA Brand Name
Mentat Tablets (Mentat)
What Is The Generic Name For Mentat:
Mentat is the generic version only
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Mentat (Mentat)
About Mentat (Mentat)
Mentat is an ayurvedic medicine which contains many medicinal herbs extracts used for enhancing neurological functions, improving cognitive functions, and increasing memory. It is basically used as Neuro-protective, Anxiolytic, Antidepressant, Antioxidant, Cholinesterase Inhibitor, Endogenous monoamine oxidase inhibitor. It is the prescription-only drug commonly used for children to improve their memory and cognitive functions and may be available at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Himalaya (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Mentat.
Mentat, an ayurvedic medicine contains many herbs in specified quantity per tablet which is also available in syrup form at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Mentat (Mentat):
- Mentat is used to treat:
Memory and learning disorders:
- Attention Fluctuations
- Concentration impairment
- Language and Learning Disability
- Hyperkinetic States
- Asocial Behavior
- Aggressive Behavior
- Temper Tantrums
- Enuresis (Bed Wetting)
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Stress disorders
- Mental fatigue
- Senile Dementia
- Alzheimer’s disease (as An Adjuvant)
- Parkinson’s disease (as Supportive Therapy)
- Epilepsy (as Supportive Therapy)
- Post Stroke Aphasia (as Supportive therapy)
How Mentat (Mentat) Works:
Mentat is given to children commonly for improving memory and learning skills, treating bed-wetting, improving short-term memory as well as long-term memory. It improves the learning power by enhancing the attention span in children. It is also beneficial for children with ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder).
Mentat tablets and syrup also expresses anti-depressant and anxiolytic action in the body. Regular use of the medication is helpful in reducing hyper-excitation of neurons that commonly found in anxiety and stress disorders. It also decreases mental fatigue and work-related mental stress.
Before You Use Mentat (Mentat):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Mentat
- You are not having epilepsy as it needs a dose adjustment
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Mentat (Mentat):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Mentat (Mentat):
You should not take Mentat if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Are going to have surgery as it increases the general anesthesia effects
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Are going for surgery
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have any mental disease like Epilepsy
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive/Breastfeeding
Mentat is an ayurvedic medicine that contains natural herbs extracts which help in treating neurological functions, improving cognitive functions, and increasing memory. Mentat is available in tablet as well as sugar-free syrup form at all the online pharmacy stores, medical supply stores or any ayurvedic pharmacy store but should be given on prescription only. Always ask your doctor for the duration of dosage form and frequency as the age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Patients are advised to take Mentat at a fixed time with or without food. Try to take it regularly by time for better effects. It is commonly recommended for the children and the dose needs to be adjusted in case of Epilepsy.
How Much Of The Mentat (Mentat) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Mentat.
How To Take The Mentat (Mentat):
Mentat dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without food. Swallow the whole tablet with water without chewing or crushing the tablet and you can take the specified amount of syrup in the cap and ingest it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Mentat (Mentat)
You are always advised to take Mentat as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in the larger amount or for a longer time than recommended but you should complete the course of the medicine. It takes at least 3 months to show its effects.
Mentat is not having any side effects generally but if in case you have taken multiple doses or wrong doses, then call your doctor immediately or reach to a nearby hospital if you are suspecting the overdose.
A missed dose of Mentat should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose/ do not take multiple doses next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Mentat (Mentat):
Mentat is an ayurvedic preparation that does not have any side effects but you should be careful in taking the doses. If taken multiple doses or overdose, it may cause:
- Toxicity or poisoning (caused due to the high amount of active ingredient present in it)
- Drug Reactions
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Mentat may interact with other medicines you are already taking and these interactions can produce some adverse effects or cause any of the drugs not to work properly. Hence, always inform your doctor if you are on other Medication, Vitamin or Mineral or food Supplements. Also, inform him about your ongoing surgeries schedule or about your epilepsy as these conditions need to be fixed by adjusting the dose of Mentat or stopping it for some time.
Warning And Precaution:
Mentat should be used cautiously in the conditions like:
- Old Age
- You should always discuss with your doctor about your conditions to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment for any condition
Things To Remember:
- It should be stopped at least before 2 weeks if you are going for surgery as it may increase the effect of anesthesia.
- Keep out of reach of children. The prescribed dose must be given by adults or parents to their children. Do not allow your children to handle it alone.
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Consult the doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablets/Syrup
Mentat should be taken as prescribed by your doctor.
Store the Mentat at room temperature in a clean and dry place. Make sure that the tablets are not damaged and syrup is not leaked.