Metaspray 100 mdi Nasal Spray
USA Brand Name
Mometasone Topical (50mcg)
Metaspray (100 Mdi) 50 Mcg Nasal Spray (Mometasone Topical)
What Is The Generic Name For Metaspray:
Mometasone Topical is the generic version for Metaspray
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Metaspray (100 Mdi) 50 Mcg (Mometasone Topical):
About Metaspray (100 Mdi) 50 Mcg (Mometasone Topical):
Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 mcg contains an active ingredient, Mometasone Topical (similar to naturally occurring corticosteroid produced from the adrenal gland) which is used for the treatment of Severe Allergic Reaction, Allergic Disorders, Asthma, Sneezing, Skin Disorders, Hay fever, and Nasal Polyps. You can it from all the leading online pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores but it can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
- Nasal Spray
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 mcg Nasal Spray.
Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 Mcg contains an active ingredient, Mometasone Topical 50 mcg, which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, medical supply stores and drugstores.
What Are The Uses Of The Metaspray (100 Mdi) 50 Mcg (Mometasone Topical):
Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 mcg is used in the treatment of:
- Severe Allergic Reactions
- Running Nose due to Allergy
- Itching and Sneezing
- Skin Disorders
How Metaspray (100 Mdi) 50 Mcg (Mometasone Topical) Works:
Mometasone Topical (a steroid) in Metaspray nose spray basically prevents the release of the substances in the body that cause inflammation and allergies.
Before You Use Metaspray (100 Mdi) 50 Mcg (Mometasone Topical):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to its contents
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 Mcg:
You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions or without the knowledge of your doctor.
When Not To Use Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 Mcg (Mometasone Topical):
You should not use the Nasal Spray if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy to its contents
- Have Lung Infections/ Inflammation
- Have recently undergone a nasal surgery
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy/ Hypersensitivity
- Have Lung Infection, Breathing Problem, and Cold
- Have severe liver or kidney diseases
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other diseases, drugs or therapies which may affect its therapeutic effect
Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 Mcg contains Mometasone which is used in the treatment of Severe Allergic Reaction, Allergic Disorders, Runny Nose, Sneezing & Itching, and Skin Disorders. It is the prescription-only drug which may be available in various strengths and substitutes. Consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage as the age and severity of the disease differ in each patient.
Patients are advised to take Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 mcg at a fixed time regularly. Do not inhale larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It may take 1-2 weeks to show its action.
How Much Of The Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 Mcg (Mometasone Topical) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 Mcg. It may be used once or twice a day depending on the severity of the disease.
How To Take The Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 Mcg (Mometasone Topical):
Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 Mcg should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor.
Moreover, you must use it by inserting the bottle tip into one nostril and closing the other nostril. Direct the spray away and towards the dividing cartilage. As you spray it, try to breathe gently keeping your head high. Repeat this step in the other nostril keeping all the conditions the same.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 Mcg (Mometasone Topical)
You are always advised to take the Nasal Spray as long as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it for a longer period unless prescribed by the doctor. It will take at least 1-2 weeks to show its effects fully.
Contact your doctor or reach the nearby hospital immediately if you are suspecting that you have taken a high dose and due to that you are facing severe side effects like thinning of the skin, easy bruising, increased acne, facial hair, etc.
A missed dose of Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 mcg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take double or multiple doses next time if you missed once/twice.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 Mcg:
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands, and feet
- Swelling of nose, throat, and sinuses
- Bone and joint pain
- Bleeding and irritation of the nose
- Painful white patches in the mouth
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Fever or chills
- Abnormal and/or painful menstruation
- Burning, itching, and irritation of the skin
- Change in color and texture of the skin
- Severe difficulty in breathing
- Visual Disturbances
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Metaspray Nasal Spray contents may interact with other medicines you are using it which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always inform your doctor if you are taking some Vitamins, other OTC medicines or Herbal or Food Supplements as these may interact with your Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 mcg. Few medicines which interact with this spray are:
- Disease interaction:
- Cushing’s Syndrome
- Ocular Herpes
Warning And Precaution:
Metaspray (100 mdi) 50 mcg should be used very cautiously in:
- Hypersensitivity/Allergic reactions
- Immunization procedures
- Growth disorders in children
- Adrenal gland suppression
- Change in Libido
- Loss of vision
- Lung Inflammation/ Infection recurrence
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Shake well before using the contents. You must ‘Prime’ the bottle by pumping it in the air until a fine mist is seen.
- Always remember to keep the spray tip clean and contamination-free and replace the protective cap after usage.
- Consult your doctor in case you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the medication
- Always use the spray only if recommended by your physician.
- Read the insert or label carefully. Shake well before use.
Store it at room temperature in a dark, clean and dry place. Do not freeze it.