Mysoline 250 Mg
USA Brand Name
Abbott Healthcare, India
Mysoline 250 Mg (Primidone)
What Is The Generic Name For Mysoline 250 Mg:
Primidone is the generic version for Mysoline 250 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Mysoline 250 Mg (Primidone)
- PMS Primidone
About Mysoline 250 Mg (Primidone)
Mysoline 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Primidone, which is used in the treatment of Epilepsy. It is widely available at all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Abbott Healthcare (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Mysoline 250 mg.
Mysoline 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Primidone, 250 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Mysoline 250 Mg (Primidone):
Mysoline 250 mg is used in the treatment of:
How Mysoline 250 Mg (Primidone) Works:
Mysoline 250 mg has an active ingredient, Primidone, an anticonvulsant medicine that basically controls seizures or fits by increasing the activity of a chemical messenger (GABA) which suppresses the abnormal and hyperactivity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Before You Use Mysoline 250 Mg (Primidone):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Primidone
- You are not having any Mood Problems and other diseases.
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Mysoline 250 Mg (Primidone):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Mysoline 250 Mg (Primidone):
You should avoid Mysoline 250 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any other serious condition which can be worsened by intake of Primidone
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to Phenobarbiturates
- Have Porphyria
- Have any Mood Disorders
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies.
Mysoline 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Primidone, which is used in the treatment of Epileptic Seizures and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for the duration of dosage and frequency as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Mysoline 250 mg at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. It is good to take at bedtime initially.
How Much Of The Mysoline 250 Mg (Primidone) to Be Used:
Mysoline 250 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Mysoline 250 mg. Do not take the dose decided by yourself.
How To Take The Mysoline 250 Mg (Primidone):
Mysoline 250 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food preferably at bedtime.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Mysoline 250 Mg (Primidone)
You are always advised to take Mysoline 250 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. Also, do not stop the therapy abruptly as it may cause withdrawal symptoms or more Epileptic Seizures.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Mysoline 250 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Mysoline 250 Mg (Primidone)
- Problems with Walking and Moving
- Skin Rash/Blistering/Peeling
- Sore Mouth
- Emotional Disturbances
- Sexual Impotency
- Granulocytopenia and Agranulocytosis
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Mysoline 250 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Influenza Virus Vaccine
- Phenytoin Sodium
Warning And Precaution:
Mysoline 250 mg should be used cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep observing the changes in mood, behaviors, thoughts, or feelings to avoid Suicidal thoughts.
- Keep all follow-up visits with your Doctor as scheduled
- Complete Blood Cell Count and SMA-12 test should be done every 6 months as this therapy goes for a long time
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Mysoline 250 mg abruptly as it can cause a serious problem of Seizures or withdrawal effects
Store the Mysoline 250 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.