Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg Tablet
USA Brand Name
Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg (Carbimazole)
What Is The Generic Name For Neo-Mercazole:
Carbimazole is the generic version for Carbimazole
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg (Carbimazole)
About Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg (Carbimazole)
Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg contains an active ingredient, Carbimazole which is used in the treatment of hyperthyroidism and widely available at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Abbott (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg.
The neo-mercazole tablet contains Carbimazole, 20 Mg per tablet which is available in the various strengths and many other substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg (Carbimazole):
Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg is used in the treatment of:
How Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg (Carbimazole) Works:
Neo-Mercazole 5mg is an anti-thyroid medication containing carbimazole as an active ingredient which helps in reducing the number of thyroid hormones produced by the thyroid gland in the human body.
Before You Use Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg (Carbimazole):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Carbimazole or any of the other medicines such as thiamazole, methimazole or propylthiouracil for thyroid
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, medications, upcoming surgeries, Food Habits, Herbal Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg (Carbimazole):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg (Carbimazole):
You should avoid Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it or any of its contents
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have a serious blood disorder
- Have large thyroid swelling in your neck called as ‘Intrathoracic Goitre’
- Are receiving radio-iodine
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have pain in Jaw, Chest, Throat, Abdomen, Hips or Thighs.
- Are about to have a Dental Procedure or any surgery
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are intolerant to glucose or sucrose or sugars
- Are receiving radioiodine for thyroid problems
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive/Breastfeeding
Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg contains Carbimazole as an active moiety which is used in the treatment of hyperthyroidism and also available in capsules, injection, or tablet form at all the online pharmacy stores, drugstores, or medical supply stores and should be given on prescription only. You may find Carbimazole in various substitutes with different strengths in the market but always buy the prescribed one. Discuss with your doctor for the duration and the dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg at a fixed time with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. Cautions have to be taken during pregnancy/breastfeeding or in liver disorders.
How Much Of The Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg (Carbimazole) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg. Usually, 4-12 tablets of 20 Mg is to be given to adults in starting and 2-3 tablets to children; gradually, after a controlled dose must be reduced.
How To Take The Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg (Carbimazole):
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with water without chewing, crushing, or breaking it. Neo-Mercazole 5mg tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time regularly.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg (Carbimazole)
You are always advised to take Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like skin rash or allergy, paresthesia, joint stiffness, headache, blood disorders, etc.
A missed dose of Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You must skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double or multiply the dose for next time if you missed once or twice. Contact your doctor in case if you missed more than one dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg (Carbimazole)
- Skin rash
- Skin pigmentation
- Muscle Pain
- Blood disorders
- Joint stiffness
- Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation)
- Hair loss and hair thinning
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg may interact with other medicines you are already taking and can produce any adverse effect or cause your drug not to work properly. You should inform your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs, OTCs or any Herbal or food Supplement. It is found to interact with the following medicines:
- Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone
Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Severe Bone, Joint and/or Muscle Pain
- Bone Marrow Depression
- Lactose/Sucrose Intolerance
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women
- It is not recommended for Children and Adolescents
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment for better effects.
Warning and Precautions:
- If you are about to undergo any Dental Procedure/surgery, then Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg should be discontinued temporarily
- Take Calcium supplements or syrups while taking this medicine
- Keep out of reach of children
- Discuss with your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Things To Remember:
- Do not stop taking Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg on your own or do not take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Always consult with your doctor for any confusion or doubt. It will take 4-8 weeks to show its full effects.
- Do not use expired product. Always check the insert or label for all the information.
Store the Neo-Mercazole 20 Mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.