Oflox 5 ml
USA Brand Name
Oflox Eye Drop 5 Ml (Ofloxacin)
What Is The Generic Name For Ofloxacin:
Ofloxacin is the generic version for Oflox Eye Drop
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Oflox Eye Drops 5 Ml (Ofloxacin):
- Ocuflox Eye Drop
About Oflox Eye Drops (Ofloxacin):
Oflox Eye Drops 5 ml contains an active ingredient, Ofloxacin, an antibiotic that is used for the treatment of Bacterial Infection in Eye. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy Stores, drugstores and medical supply stores but can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
- Eye Drops
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Oflox Eye Drops.
Oflox Eye Drops contains an active ingredient, Ofloxacin in a 5 ml bottle which may be available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Oflox Eye Drop 5 Ml (Ofloxacin):
Ofloxacin is used in:
- Bacterial Infections of Eye/Ear
- Ofloxacin in other dosage forms is used in the treatment of many bacterial infections of the body.
How Oflox Eye Drop 5 Ml (Ofloxacin) Works:
Oflox Eye Drop 5 ml is consisting of Ofloxacin, an antibiotic agent that kills bacteria by preventing them from reproducing and repairing themselves and hence treating the infection.
Before You Use Oflox Eye Drop 5 Ml (Ofloxacin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Ofloxacin
- You are not using contact lenses
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Oflox Eye Drop 5 Ml (Ofloxacin):
You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Oflox Eye Drop 5 Ml (Ofloxacin):
You should avoid Ofloxacin if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have increased pressure inside the eyes, redness, swelling, itching or inflammation in eyes
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have any Inflammation or any pressure problem inside the eye.
- Have redness, swelling, itching as a side effect which may get worse by time
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Oflox Eye Drop 5 Ml contains an active ingredient, Ofloxacin, which is used in the treatment of Eye Infection and should be given on prescription. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dose as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person. Ofloxacin is also available in tablet or capsule forms which can be given by your doctor for the treatment of bacterial infections in other body parts.
Patients are advised to take Oflox Eye Drop 5 ml at a fixed time, preferably in the morning and evening time or prescribed by your doctor. It can be used for Ear Infections also.
How Much Of The Oflox Eye Drop 5 Ml (Ofloxacin) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Ofloxacin. It is better to take one drop each eye at one time.
How To Take The Oflox Eye Drop 5 Ml (Ofloxacin):
Oflox Eye Drop 5 ml should be taken at a fixed time once or twice a day as directed by your doctor. You may take it by holding the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Then, gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid/ear. Wipe off the extra Liquid with a Clean/ Tissue.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Oflox Eye Drop 5 Ml (Ofloxacin)
You are always advised to use the eye drops as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended but you are always advised to complete the course of treatment.
Rinse your eyes thoroughly in case of any irritation or severe symptom of inflammation and contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of the eye drop should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose you missed if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take multiple doses next time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Oflox Eye Drop 5 Ml (Ofloxacin):
- Ofloxacin in other dosage forms can cause more side effects not listed here.
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines may interact with Oflox which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements so that a well-planned medication can be followed. Following are the drugs which interact with Oflox:
- Antidiabetic drugs
Warning And Precaution:
Oflox Eye Drop 5 ml should be used very cautiously in:
- Blurred Vision
- Eye Surgeries
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Eye disorders or inflammation or Surgeries
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Do not touch Eye Drop tip while using it and use it within a month once opened
- Clean your hands before using the Eye Drops
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop earlier /take it for longer than recommended by your physician.
Store it at room temperature in a clean and dry place. Do not freeze it.