Zo 200 Mg
USA Brand Name
Zo 200 Mg (Ofloxacin)
What Is The Generic Name For Zo 200 Mg?
Ofloxacin is the generic version for Zo 200 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Zo 200 Mg (Ofloxacin)?
About Zo 200 Mg (Ofloxacin)
Zo 200 mg contains an active ingredient, Ofloxacin, which is used in the treatment of many Bacterial Infections. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
FDC (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Zo 200 mg.
Zo 200 mg contains an active ingredient, Ofloxacin, 200 mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Zo 200 Mg (Ofloxacin)?
Zo 200 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Skin and Soft Tissue Infection
- Gonococcal Infection
- Infectious Diarrhea
How Zo 200 Mg (Ofloxacin) Works?
Zo 200 mg is an antibiotic which has Ofloxacin, as an active ingredient. It basically works by killing the bacteria by inhibiting DNA replication.
Before You Use Zo 200 Mg (Ofloxacin):
- Make sure that you are not taking Alcohol
- Make sure that you are not allergic to this class of drugs
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, and therapies)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Zo 200 Mg (Ofloxacin)?
- You should avoid Alcohol
- You should avoid coffee, chocolate, tea, and food containing cocoa and caffeine
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Zo 200 Mg (Ofloxacin)?
You should not take Zo 200 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed allergy to Bactericidal Antibiotics
- Have flu and cold symptoms
- Have Myasthenia Gravis
- Have Tendinitis or Tendon Rupture
- Have any Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are pregnant or conceiving
- Are Driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the tablet
- Have any other heart disease
- Have any kidney or liver disease
- Are taking alcohol or other drugs
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Have any Disease like Epilepsy
Zo 200 mg contains an active ingredient, Ofloxacin, which is used in the treatment of various bacterial Infections and is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Zo 200mg at a fixed time, with or without the meal. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It should be used cautiously in Elderly patients (>65 years)
How Much Of The Zo 200 Mg (Ofloxacin) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Zo 200 mg. It should be taken as directed by your doctor.
How To Take The Zo 200 Mg (Ofloxacin)?
Zo 200 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the whole tablet with water. Do not try to chew and crush it. It is always better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Zo 200 Mg (Ofloxacin)?
You are always advised to take Zo 200 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
You should contact your physician immediately if you are suspecting an overdose.
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. You can skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose next time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Zo 200 Mg (Ofloxacin)?
- Abdominal Pain
- Black or Tarry Stools
- Painful Urination
- Decreased Appetite
- Joint Pain
- Change in Taste
- Excessive Air or Gas in Stomach
- Runny Nose
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Zo 200 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication, foods and/or herbal supplements. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Antidiabetic Drugs
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Central Nervous System Disorder
- QT prolongation
- Colitis (Diarrhea, Abdominal Pain, and Blood in Stools)
Warning And Precaution:
Zo 200 mg should be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Tendinitis and Tendon Rupture
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Patients with liver and kidney disease
- Drug Resistance
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- If allergic reactions become worse or persistent, stop using Medicine.
- It should be avoided in old patients with Tendinitis (Tendon rupture) or myasthenia gravis
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
Zo 200 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Zo 200 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.