Sebifin Cream 1% (10gm)
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Medisales, India
Sebifin Cream 1% w/w 10 Gm (Terbinafine HCl)
What Is The Generic Name For Sebifin Cream?
Terbinafine HCl is the generic version for Sebifin Cream
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Sebifin Cream 10 Gm (Terbinafine HCl)?
About Sebifin Cream 10 Gm (Terbinafine HCl)
Sebifin Cream 10 gm containing an active ingredient, Terbinafine HCl is used topically in the treatment of Fungal Infections. You may check its availability at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Medisale (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Sebifin Cream 10 gm.
Sebifin Cream 10 gm contains an active ingredient, Terbinafine HCl 1% w/w in 10 gm tube, which is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Sebifin Cream 10 Gm (Terbinafine HCl)?
Sebifin Cream 10 gm is used in the treatment of fungal and yeast infections like:
- Athlete's Foot
- Jock Itch
- Ringworm Infection
- Other Fungal Skin Infections
- Prophylaxis of Infections in Special Population
How Sebifin Cream 10 Gm (Terbinafine HCl) Works?
Sebifin Cream 10 Gm (Terbinafine HCl) an antifungal agent, which inhibits the growth of fungus by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human
Before You Use Sebifin Cream 10 Gm (Terbinafine HCl):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you do not have any other infection or inflammation on the skin
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While using Sebifin Cream 10 Gm (Terbinafine HCl)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid using food containing caffeine and chocolate such as tea leaves, cocoa beans
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Sebifin Cream 10 Gm (Terbinafine HCl)?
You should not take Sebifin Cream 10 gm if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Are highly sensitive to light
- Have serious injuries, cuts or wounds
- Have any other Infection or Inflammation
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any inflammation, infection other than fungal
- Have any Cuts, Injuries, Bruises or Wounds
- Are using other creams or topical medications
- Are Pregnant /Trying to Conceive/Breastfeeding
Sebifin Cream 10 gm contains Terbinafine HCl, which is used topically in the treatment of Fungal Infections. It may be available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for frequency of application and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Sebifin Cream 10 gm at a fixed time or as instructed by your Doctor. It is not recommended for pediatric use.
How Much Of The Sebifin Cream 10 Gm (Terbinafine HCl) to Be Used?
Patients are advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to apply Sebifin Cream 10 gm.
How To Take The Sebifin Cream 10 Gm (Terbinafine HCl)?
A very Small fraction (Pea size) of cream should be applied with washed and dried hands on the affected area and let the area absorb the cream for sometime by rubbing it properly and after that, you must wash your hands thoroughly with water unless your hand is the affected area. Do not wash the affected area just after the application of cream.
Avoid its contact with your eye, ear, mouth, or other sensitive organs and wash thoroughly with water in case of accidental contact with the organs.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Sebifin Cream 10 Gm (Terbinafine HCl)?
You are always advised to apply Sebifin Cream as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You are not advised to use it in smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
You may experience the overdose symptoms when applied more times than prescribed. In this case, contact your doctor immediately.
Do not apply cream more than required amount because it will only get piled up on the excessive application without producing any additional therapeutic effect
You should apply Cream at a fixed time regularly and if missed then it should be applied as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not apply more cream to make up the missed dose as it will just pile up the cream.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Sebifin Cream 10 Gm (Terbinafine HCl)?
- Nausea and vomiting
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
- Skin Rash
- Allergic Reactions
- Peeling and blistering of skin
- Scaly skin sensitive to sunlight
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Sebifin Cream 1% w/w. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or Herbal Supplements.
You should not apply any other topical product while using this cream. It may interact with that product causing any allergic or inflammatory reaction of skin.
Warning And Precaution:
Sebifin Cream 10 gm is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Hypersensitivity/Allergic reactions
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment
Things To Remember:
- Do not use the cream without consulting it with your doctor.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine and follow all the instructions.
- Ask your doctor if you have any confusion related to the dose, time and strength of your medication
Sebifin Cream 10 gm should be used as prescribed by your doctor.
Store the Sebifin Cream 10 gm at room temperature in dark and dry place.