Serobid 25 Mcg(120 MDI)
USA Brand Name
Serobid Inhaler 25 Mcg (120 MDI) (Salmeterol)
What Is The Generic Name For Serobid Inhaler 25 Mcg?
Salmeterol is the generic version for Serobid Inhaler
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Serobid Inhaler 25 Mcg (Salmeterol)?
- Serevent Inhaler
About The Serobid Inhaler 25 Mcg (Salmeterol):
Serobid Inhaler 25 mcg contains an active ingredient, Salmeterol 25 mcg (120 MDI), used in the treatment of Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. You may get it at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Serobid Inhaler 25 mcg (120 MDI).
Serobid Inhaler contains an active ingredient, Salmeterol (25 mcg) which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Serobid Inhaler 25 Mcg (Salmeterol)?
Serobid Inhaler is used in the treatment of:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
How Serobid Inhaler 25 Mcg (Salmeterol) Works?
Serobid Inhaler 25 mcg contains Salmeterol (long-acting bronchodilator) which acts on smooth muscles of airway resulting in muscle relaxation which prevents Bronchoconstriction and makes breathing easy
Before You Use Serobid Inhaler 25 Mcg (Salmeterol):
Make sure that you are
- Not allergic to Salmeterol
- Not taking Alcohol
- Not taking the medicines without prescriptions or without in knowledge of your doctor
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Serobid Inhaler 25 Mcg (Salmeterol)
- You should avoid Alcohol and other drugs
- Avoid driving and activities that need your alertness
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions as these may react with Serobid Inhaler.
When Not To Use Serobid Inhaler 25 Mcg (Salmeterol)?
You should avoid this inhaler if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Are near a flame or source of heat as the inhaler may explode at high temperatures
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have an attack of asthma or COPD as Salmeterol is a longer acting drug and you need a short-acting drug a during attack
- Have any Heart Problem/Hypertension
- Are taking medicines which can react with it
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to Salmeterol
- Have Heart Problems like Chest Pain and Irregular Heartbeats
- Have Hypertension
- Have Lungs Problem
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other Disease, Surgeries or you are on other medications
Serobid Inhaler 25 mcg contains an active ingredient, Salmeterol 25 mcg, used in the treatment of Asthma and COPD. Inhalers are available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dose as age and severity of the disease differ in each patient.
Patients are advised to take Serobid Inhaler at a fixed time, preferably suggested by the doctor. Do not take larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It should be used cautiously in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Serobid Inhaler 25 Mcg (Salmeterol) to Be Used?
You should inhale 2 puffs four times a day. Moreover, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s instructions for the dosage and usage
If you feel to take more medicine content than prescribed; it means you have a serious problem and you need to consult your doctor immediately
How To Take The Serobid Inhaler 25 Mcg (Salmeterol)?
Shake the Serobid Inhaler properly before use. Press down on the inhaler one time to release the medication, breathing in from the mouth, and hold your breath for 10 seconds. You should repeat inhaling until you have inhaled the number of puffs adviced by your doctor. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water after some time and spit it out to prevent your mouth from infection
For How Long Should You Use Serobid Inhaler 25 Mcg (Salmeterol)?
You are always advised to use Serobid Inhaler for as long as your doctor has prescribed.
Call your doctor immediately or rush to the nearby hospital for an emergency if you are suspecting a symptomatic Overdose.
A missed dose of Inhaler should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of Serobid Inhaler 25 Mcg (Salmeterol)?
- Muscle cramps
- Fast heart rate
- Shaking hands
- Skin Rash
- Dry Mouth
- Blurred Vision
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines may interact with Serobid Inhaler which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It may react with few drugs below:
- Antiviral Drugs like Indinavir, Nelfinavir, etc.
- Antifungal Drugs like Ketoconazole
Warning And Precaution:
Serobid Inhaler 25 mcg should be used very cautiously in:
- Heart Disease or Disorders
- Low Potassium Levels
- It is not recommended for pregnant/Breastfeeding women without consultation with the doctor
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in medical conditions. Do not stop the medicine even if you feel better.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- You should not close/tilt the device (always keep it horizontal)
- Do not play or move the lever more than once as you may be accidentally wasting a dose.
- Regularly wipe the mouthpiece of Inhaler with a fiber-free tissue/cloth.
- Always put the cap on Inhaler after use
It is very important to check the label for the usage directions
Store the Inhaler at the cool temperature in dark and dry place. Do not freeze it.