Serobid Rotacaps 50 Mcg
USA Brand Name
Serobid Rotacaps 50 Mcg (Salmeterol)
What Is The Generic Name For Serobid Rotacaps 50 Mcg?
Salmeterol is the generic version for Serobid Rotacaps
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Serobid Rotacaps 50 Mcg (Salmeterol)?
- Serevent Rotacaps
About The Serobid Rotacaps 50 Mcg (Salmeterol):
Serobid Rotacaps contains an active ingredient, Salmeterol 50 mcg, used in the treatment of Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. You may get it from all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Serobid Rotacaps 50 mcg.
Serobid Rotacaps 50 Mcg contains an active ingredient, Salmeterol 50 mcg and available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Serobid Rotacaps 50 Mcg (Salmeterol)?
Serobid Rotacaps is used in the treatment of:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
How Serobid Rotacaps 50 Mcg (Salmeterol) Works?
Serobid Rotacaps 50 Mcg consists of an active ingredient Salmeterol (long-acting bronchodilator) which acts on smooth muscles of airway resulting in muscle relaxation which prevents Bronchoconstriction and makes breathing easier
Before You Use Serobid Rotacaps 50 Mcg (Levosalbutamol Salmeterol):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Salmeterol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Serobid Rotacaps 50 Mcg (Salmeterol)?
- You should avoid Alcohol and other drugs
- Avoid driving and activities that require your alertness
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions as these may react with Serobid Rotacaps.
When Not To Use Serobid Rotacaps 50 Mcg (Salmeterol)?
You should avoid Rotacaps if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Are near a flame or source of heat as the Rotacaps may explode at high temperatures
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any Heart Problem/Hypertension
- Always discuss your medications with your doctor especially when you are going to take some new medicines
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to the Rotacaps or any of its contents
- Have Heart Problems like Chest Pain and Irregular Heartbeats
- Have Hypertension
- Have pain or discomfort in the eye, blurred vision, and Glaucoma
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other Disease, Surgeries or you are on other medications
Serobid Rotacaps 50 mcg contains an active ingredient, Salmeterol 50 mcg, used in the treatment of Asthma and COPD. Rotacaps are available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dose of the medicine as age and severity of the disease differ in each patient.
Adults and Children are advised to take Serobid Rotacaps at a fixed time. It should be used cautiously in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Serobid Rotacaps 50 Mcg (Salmeterol) to Be Used?
You should inhale the contents of Serobid Rotacaps as your doctor has directed. Moreover, follow your doctor’s instructions for the dose and usage.
If you feel to take more doses than prescribed; it means you have a serious problem which needs to be checked by your doctor immediately
How To Take The Serobid Rotacaps 50 Mcg (Salmeterol)?
Open the Serobid Rotacaps. Place the capsule at the base of Rotahaler (a device to put Rotacaps inside) and keep the Rotahaler straight while loading the dose. Twist the mouthpiece of Rotahaler completely until you hear a click sound and breathe in deeply through the mouthpiece. Hold your breath for 10 seconds.
Repeat the process in case some powder remains in the Rotahaler.
For How Long Should You Use Serobid Rotacaps 50 Mcg (Salmeterol)?
You are always advised to use Serobid Rotacaps for as long as your doctor has prescribed. Do not use it longer than prescribed to prevent yourself from adverse effects.
Call your doctor immediately or reach nearby hospital for an emergency if you are suspecting an overdose.
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. You are not advised to double the dose for next time if you missed once to avoid the adverse effects.
What Are The Side Effects Of Serobid Rotacaps 50mcg (Salmeterol)?
- Muscle cramps
- Fast heart rate
- Shaking hands
- Skin Rash
- Dry Mouth
- Blurred Vision
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines may interact with Serobid Rotacaps which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It may react with few drugs below:
- Antiviral Drugs like Indinavir, Nelfinavir, etc.
- Antifungal drugs like Ketoconazole
Warning And Precaution:
Serobid Rotacaps 50 mcg should be used cautiously in:
- Heart Disease/Disorders
- Low Potassium Levels
- It is not recommended for pregnant/Breastfeeding women without consultation with the doctor
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in medical conditions. Do not stop the medicine even if you feel better.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- You should not close/tilt the device (always keep it horizontal)
- Do not play or move the lever more than once as you may be accidentally wasting a dose
- Regularly wipe the mouthpiece of Rotacaps with a fiber-free tissue/cloth.
- Always put the cap on Rotacaps after use
- You should always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
It is very important to check the label for the usage directions
Store the Rotacaps in cool, dark and dry place. Do not freeze it.