Sorbitrate 10 Mg
USA Brand Name
Abbott Healthcare, India
Sorbitrate 10 Mg (Isosorbide Dinitrate)
What Is The Generic Name For Sorbitrate 10 Mg?
Isosorbide Dinitrate is the generic version for Sorbitrate 10 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Sorbitrate 10 mg?
About Sorbitrate 10 Mg (Isosorbide Dinitrate):
Sorbitrate 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Isosorbide Dinitrate, treatment of chest pain (Angina) and heart failure. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Abbott Healthcare (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Sorbitrate 10 mg.
Sorbitrate 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Isosorbide Dinitrate, 10 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Sorbitrate 10 Mg (Isosorbide Dinitrate)?
Sorbitrate 10 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Angina Pectoris
- Heart Failure
How Sorbitrate 10 Mg (Isosorbide Dinitrate) Works?
Sorbitrate 10 mg has an active anticancer ingredient, Isosorbide Dinitrate, comes in a nitrates group. It basically reduces the workload of your heart. As a result, the heart muscle does not need much blood and oxygen supply for the workout.
Before You Use Sorbitrate 10 Mg (Isosorbide Dinitrate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Isosorbide Dinitrate
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Sorbitrate 10 Mg?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving or doing any Mechanical Job
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Sorbitrate 10 Mg (Isosorbide Dinitrate)?
You should avoid Sorbitrate 10 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are suffering from Anemia
- Have Myocardial Infarction
- Have Brain Hemorrhage (Bleeding) or a Head Injury (Trauma)
- Have a Low Blood Volume (Hypovolemia) or Very Low Blood Pressure
- Take Sildenafil (“Viagra”) Avanafil, Tadalafil, or Vardenafil or any other Phosphodiesterase Inhibitor
- Are Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Are suffering from Myocardial Infarction and other Obstructive Heart Disease
- Have Bleeding Problems
- Have Hypothyroidism
- Are Malnourished
- Have Kidney/liver impairment
- Take Alcohol
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Sorbitrate 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Isosorbide Dinitrate, which is used in the treatment of Cholestatic Liver Disease. Sorbitrate 10 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Sorbitrate 10 mg at a fixed time empty stomach (1 hr prior or 2 hrs after the meal) preferably after food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for children and Adolescent below 18 years of age.
How Much Of The Sorbitrate 10 Mg (Isosorbide Dinitrate) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Sorbitrate 10 mg. Do not exceed the dose on your own as it may result in adverse effects.
How To Take The Sorbitrate 10 Mg (Isosorbide Dinitrate)?
Sorbitrate 10 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it empty stomach (1 hr prior or 2 hrs after the meal)
For How Long Should You Continue Using Sorbitrate 10 Mg (Isosorbide Dinitrate)?
You are always advised to take Sorbitrate 10 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Sorbitrate 10 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Sorbitrate 10 Mg?
- Bluish Discoloration of Lips, Fingernails, Palm, or Hands
- Irregular Heartbeat
- Low Blood Pressure
- Dizziness and Fainting
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Chest Pain and Discomfort
- Difficulty in Swallowing
- Hives and Redness of Skin
- Burning or Tingling Sensation of Hands and Feet
- Agitation and Anxiety
- Blood Circulatory Failure
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Sorbitrate 10 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- It may interact with the Disease such as
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Head Trauma/ Increased Intracranial Pressure
- Medicine for Erectile Dysfunction
Warning And Precaution:
Sorbitrate 10 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/lung/Thyroid/Renal Function
- Postural Hypotension
- Blurred Vision
- Withdrawal Symptoms
- Nitrate Free Interval
- Recurrent Headaches
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Pediatric Population: This is not recommended for children below 18 years.
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Frequent monitoring of fluid balance and electrolytes is needed if you are at risk of renal dysfunction
- Monitoring of Blood Calcium Levels and Thyroid Hormones if you are suffering from thyroid cancer
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Isosorbide Dinitrate should not be used to stop the angina attack because it is only intended for the prevention of an attack.
Do not stop the medication abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Sorbitrate 10 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.