Tiniba 300 Mg
USA Brand Name
Tiniba-300 is manufactured byZydus Cadila and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. It comes in the form of tablets in strength of 300 mg. Tiniba-300 is used to treat certain parasitic and bacterial infections. It’s an antiprotozoal and antibiotic. It works by killing sensitive parasites and bacteria.
USA Brands Equivalent To Tiniba-300
Tindamax is the drug that is available in the US market equivalent to Tiniba-300.
Uses Of Tinidazole, The Salt In Tiniba-300
Tiniba-300 is an antibiotic that is used to treat certain types of vaginal infections like bacterial vaginosis and trichomoniasis. It is also used to treat certain types of parasite infections like giardiasis and amebiasis. It works by inhibiting the growth of certain bacteria and parasites. It does not use to treat viral infections (such as common cold, flu).
How Tiniba-300 Works?
Tiniba-300 is an antiprotozoal and antibacterial agent. The nitro group is reduced by cell extracts of Trichomonas. The free nitro-radical generated as a result of this reduction is responsible for the antiprotozoal activity. Chemically reduced tinidazole is shown to release nitrites and cause damage to purified bacterial DNA. Additionally, the drug causes DNA base changes in bacterial cells and DNA strand breakage in mammalian cells.
Manufacturer Of Tiniba-300
Tiniba-300 is manufactured by Zydus Cadila in India and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store.
Tiniba-300 contains 300 mg of Tinidazole.
It must be taken as directed by a Physician.
How To Take Tiniba-300?
Tiniba-300 must be taken orally with a glass of water. It must be taken with food. If you find any problem in swallowing the tablet, you are advised to consult your doctor. Also if you are taking Cholestyramine at the same time as Tiniba-300 then, consult your doctor immediately.
Side Effects of Tiniba-300
The side effects of Tiniba 100 include:
- General body discomfort
- Loss of appetite
- Metallic/bitter taste in mouth
- stomach pain
- Severe allergic reactions (rash, hives, itching, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest, swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue)
- Abnormal skin sensations (prickling, tingling)
- Fever, chills or persistent sore throat
- Irregular heartbeat
- Numbness or loss of feeling in the hands or feet
How Long Should I Continue Taking tiniba 300?
Administration of Tiniba-300 must be continued till the infection is cleared completely. Take the drug regimen as directed by your Physician.
Overdose Of Tiniba 300
There is no specific antidote for the treatment of overdosage of Tiniba-300. Therefore, treatment should be symptomatic and supportive. Gastric lavage may help. Hemodialysis can be considered because approximately 43% of the amount present in the body is eliminated during a 6-hour hemodialysis session. In case of overdose, you are advised to consult your doctor immediately.
Missed Dose Of Tiniba 300?
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take multiple doses at the same time
Drugs That Interact With Tiniba 300
The following substances are known to interact with Tiniba 300:
- Azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole) or cimetidine because they may increase the risk of tinidazole's side effects
- Barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), phenytoin, or rifampin because they may decrease tinidazole's effectiveness
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), astemizole, busulfan, cisapride, cyclosporine, fluorouracil, lithium, macrolide immunosuppressants (eg, tacrolimus), sulfonylureas or terfenadine because their actions and the risk of their side effects may be increased
- Disulfiram because side effects, such as mental or mood changes may occur
- Oral contraceptives (birth control pills) because their effectiveness may be decreased by tinidazole
When Not To Take Tiniba 300?
- Allergic to any ingredient in Tiniba-300
- Blood disease Porphyria
- First 3 months of pregnancy
- If you are taking astemizole, busulfan, cisapride or terfenadine
- If you have taken disulfiram within the past 2 weeks
General Information About Tiniba-300
Tiniba-300 is used in the treatment of certain bacterial and protozoal infections. Its use and dosage must be taken as directed by the Physician.