Tonact TG 160 Mg
USA Brand Name
Atorvastatin (10mg), Fenofibrate (160mg)
Tonact TG 160 Mg (Atorvastatin+Fenofibrate)
What Is The Generic Name For Tonact TG 160 Mg?
Atorvastatin+Fenofibrate is the generic version for Tonact TG 160 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Tonact TG 160 mg?
About Tonact TG 160 Mg (Atorvastatin+Fenofibrate):
Tonact TG 160 mg contains two active ingredients, Atorvastatin 10 mg, and Fenofibrate 160 mg, and used for the treatment of Increased Cholesterol, Increased Triglycerides, and Increased LDL Levels. You Can Buy It From all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Lupin (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Tonact TG 160 mg.
Tonact TG 160 mg contains two active ingredients, Atorvastatin 10 mg and Fenofibrate 160 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Tonact TG 160 Mg?
Tonact TG 160 mg is used in:
- Increased Cholesterol
- Increased Triglycerides
- Increased LDL Levels
How Tonact TG 160 Mg (Atorvastatin+Fenofibrate) Works?
Tonact TG 160 mg has active ingredients:
Atorvastatin is a cholesterol-lowering statin which basically blocks an enzyme (HMG-CoA-reductase) that is required in the body to make cholesterol. Hence it lowers down the Bad Cholesterol (LDL), Triglycerides and Raise Good Cholesterol (HDL).
Fenofibrate basically stimulates the formation of enzymes for Triglyceride metabolism, which lowers the levels of Triglyceride and Cholesterol in the body.
Before You Use Tonact TG 160 Mg (Atorvastatin+Fenofibrate)?
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Tonact TG 160 Mg?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Tonact TG 160 Mg (Atorvastatin+Fenofibrate)?
You should avoid Tonact TG 160 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Pancreatic Disorders
- Have Biliary Cirrhosis/Gallbladder Disease
- Have Diabetes Mellitus
- Are sensitive to Light
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to this medicine
- Have Muscle Pain, Cramps, Weakness, Tiredness or Dark Colored Urine while taking it
- Have Diabetes or Gout
- Have Muscular Disorders
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Tonact TG 160 mg contains an active ingredient, Atorvastatin 10 mg, and Fenofibrate 160 mg, used in the treatment of Increased Cholesterol, Increased Triglycerides and Increased LDL Levels. Tonact TG 160 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Tonact TG 160 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended in pregnant and breastfeeding women
How Much Of The Tonact TG 160 Mg (Atorvastatin+Fenofibrate) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Tonact TG 160 mg.
How To Take The Tonact TG 160 Mg (Atorvastatin+Fenofibrate)?
Tonact TG 160 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Tonact TG 160 Mg?
You are always advised to take Tonact TG 160 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Tonact TG 160 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Tonact TG 160 Mg?
- Musculoskeletal (Bone, Muscle or Joint) Pain
- Allergic Reaction
- Increased Liver Enzymes
- Increased Creatine Phosphokinase (CPK) Level in Blood
- Joint Swelling
- Increased Glucose Level in Blood
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Tonact TG 160 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Azole antifungals
- Macrolide antibiotics
- Protease inhibitors
Warning And Precaution:
Tonact TG 160 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Diabetes/GallBladder Problems/Pancreatic Disease or Infection
- It is not recommended for pregnant women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- You should follow a regular exercise and proper diet schedule
- It may mask the symptoms of low blood sugar if you're diabetic. If you take insulin or other anti-diabetic medications, you need to monitor your blood sugar levels regularly.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Tonact TG 160 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Tonact TG 160 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.