Voltaflam 50 Mg
US Brand Name
Centaur Pharmaceuticals, India
Voltaflam-50 is manufactured by Centaur Pharmaceuticals and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. It comes in the form of tablets in strength of 50 mg. Voltaflam-50 is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by reducing substances in the body that cause pain and inflammation. It is used to treat mild to moderate pain and signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
US Brands Equivalent To Voltaflam-50
Cataflam is the drug equivalent to Voltaflam-50 that is available in US market.
Uses Of Diclofenac Potassium, The Salt Present In Voltaflam-50
Voltaflam-50 is used for the treatment of-
- Primary Dysmenorrhea
- Relief of mild to moderate pain
- Relief of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis.
How Voltaflam-50 Works?
Voltaflam-50 belongs to the category of NSAIDs. It is a potent inhibitor of prostaglandin synthesis. Prostaglandins sensitize afferent nerves and potentiate the action of Bradykinin in inducing pain. Prostaglandins are mediators of inflammation.
Manufacturer Of Voltaflam-50
Voltaflam-40 is manufactured by Centaur Pharmaceuticals in India and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store.
Dosage of Voltaflam-40 is different in different indication.
For treatment of pain or primary dysmenorrhea, the recommended dosage is 50 mg three times a day. Initial dose can be 100 mg followed by 50 mg doses for better relief.
For the relief of osteoarthritis, the recommended dosage is 100-150 mg/day in divided doses, 50 mg twice a day or three times a day.
For the relief of rheumatoid arthritis, the recommended dosage is 150-200 mg/day in divided doses, 50 mg three times a day or four times a day.
Voltaflam-50 contains 50 mg of Diclofenac Potassium.
How To Take Voltaflam-50?
Voltaflam-50 has to be taken on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
Side Effects Of Voltaflam-50
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling or rapid weight gain
- Signs of stomach bleeding - bloody or tarry stools
- Liver problems - nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, flu-like symptoms, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Kidney problems - little or no urinating, painful or difficult urination, swelling in your feet or ankles
- High blood pressure - severe headache, pounding in your neck or ears, nosebleed, anxiety, confusion
- Low red blood cells (anemia) - pale skin
- Severe skin reaction - fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
- Indigestion, gas, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Headache, dizziness, drowsiness
Consult the doctor if you encounter any of the above-mentioned side- effects.
How Long Should I Continue Taking Voltaflam-50?
It is always advisable to consult your physician before you start/stop taking the drug. Avoid taking such decisions on your own and do not self-medicate.
Overdose Of Voltaflam-50?
If overdose of Voltaflam-50 is taken then immediately consult your Doctor. The signs and symptoms of overdose can be Diarrhea, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Headache , Nausea and vomiting (sometimes with blood), Numbness and tingling, Ringing in the ears, Stomach pain (with possible bleeding in the stomach and intestines), Rash, Seizures, Urination problems (little to no urine output),Wheezing.
Missed Dose Of Voltaflam-50?
If you have missed the dose of Voltaflam-50 then take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the for missed dose.
Drugs That Interact With Voltaflam-50
Some drugs can interact with Voltaflam-50. Tell your healthcare provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Antidepressants such as citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, paroxetine, sertraline, trazodone, or vilazodone. Taking any of these medicines may cause you to bruise or bleed easily.
- Antifungal medicine
- Blood thinner like warfarin, Coumadin
- Heart or blood pressure medication like a diuretic
- Steroid medicine like prednisone
When not to take Voltaflam-50?
- Heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes
- History of heart attack, stroke and or blood clot
- History of stomach ulcers or bleeding
- Liver or kidney disease
- Fluid retention.
General Information About Voltaflam-50
Voltaflam-50 is given as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory and must be taken under doctor’s guidance.
The content on this page is meant for informational purposes and is not, under any circumstances, supposed to be treated as a substitute for any medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. For any questions that you may have regarding a medical condition, it is advisable you consult your physician or seek help from a qualified health provider before you start medicating yourself. In case you have any concerns regarding the content on our website, please write to us at content@cheapmedicineshop.