Xbira 250 Mg
USA Brand Name
Xbira 250 Mg (Abiraterone Acetate)
What Is The Generic Name For Xbira 250 Mg?
Abiraterone Acetate is the generic version for Xbira 250 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Xbira 250 mg (Abiraterone Acetate)?
About Xbira 250 Mg (Abiraterone Acetate):
Xbira 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Abiraterone Acetate, which is used in the treatment of Prostate Cancer. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Xbira 250 mg.
Xbira 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Abiraterone Acetate, 250 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Xbira 250 Mg (Abiraterone Acetate)?
Xbira 250 mg is used in the treatment of:
How Xbira 250 Mg (Abiraterone Acetate) Works?
Xbira 250 mg has an active anticancer ingredient; Abiraterone Acetate which belongs to a class of drugs known as antiandrogens. It basically stops the body from making testosterone which can slow the growth of Prostate Cancer.
Before You Use Xbira 250 Mg (Abiraterone Acetate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Abiraterone Acetate
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Xbira 250 Mg?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Xbira 250 Mg (Abiraterone Acetate)?
You should avoid Xbira 250 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Bleeding Problems
- Have Kidney Problems
- Have Diabetes
- Have Bone Pain or Fracture
- Have Swelling in the Feet, Ankle or Legs
- Have had a Surgery or have been operated recently
- Take Alcohol
- Have any Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Xbira 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Abiraterone Acetate, which is used in the treatment of Prostate Cancer. Xbira 250 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Xbira 250 mg at a fixed time empty stomach (1 hr prior or 2 hrs after the meal) preferably after food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
It is not recommended for Pediatric Population and Females. Couples should take effective contraception methods while they are on Xbira 250 mg therapy.
How Much Of The Xbira 250 Mg (Abiraterone Acetate) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Xbira 250 mg. Do not exceed the dose on your own as it may result in adverse effects.
How To Take The Xbira 250 Mg (Abiraterone Acetate)?
Xbira 250 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it empty stomach (1 hr prior or 2 hrs after the meal)
For How Long Should You Continue Using Xbira 250 Mg?
You are always advised to take Xbira 250 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your physician immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of Xbira 250 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Xbira 250 Mg (Abiraterone Acetate)?
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Irregular Heartbeat
- Swelling of Ankles or Feet
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Shortness of Breath
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Increased Cholesterol and Triglycerides
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Xbira 250 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Xbira 250 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- It should not be used in Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Electrolyte and Fluid Balance should be monitored regularly
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Xbira 250 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Xbira 250 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.