Hepcinat 400 Mg
USA Brand Name
Natco Pharma, India
Hepcinat 400 Mg (Sofosbuvir)
What Is The Generic Name For Hepcinat 400 Mg?
Sofosbuvir is the generic version for Hepcinat 400 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Hepcinat 400 Mg (Sofosbuvir)?
About Hepcinat 400 Mg (Sofosbuvir)
Hepcinat 400 mg contains an active ingredient, Sofosbuvir, which is used in the treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C virus (HCV) Infection. It minimizes the chances of infection during the Liver Transplant. Hepcinat 400 mg is available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Natco Pharma (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Hepcinat 400 mg.
Hepcinat 400 mg contains an active ingredient, Sofosbuvir, 250 mg. It is also available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Hepcinat 400 Mg (Sofosbuvir)?
Hepcinat 400 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Chronic Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Infection
- Hepatocellular carcinoma and Liver Transplantation
How Hepcinat 400 Mg (Sofosbuvir) Works?
Hepcinat 400 mg is an antiviral medicine which has Sofosbuvir, as an active ingredient. It basically works by reducing the charge of Hepatitis C Virus in the body and discarding it from the blood over the period of time.
Before You Use Hepcinat 400 Mg (Sofosbuvir):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (all pre-existing diseases or surgeries or medication)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Hepcinat 400 Mg (Sofosbuvir)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Hepcinat 400 Mg (Sofosbuvir)?
You should not take Hepcinat 400 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed hypersensitivity
- Have other Hepatic Disease or Disorder
- Have severe Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have any other Liver (Hepatic) Problems like Hepatitis B Infection, etc.
- Have any Heart Problem as it lowers the Blood Pressure
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are taking any other medicine for pre-existing Disease
Hepcinat 400 mg contains an active ingredient, Sofosbuvir, which is used in the treatment of Hepatitis C virus Infection and minimizes the risk of Infection during Liver Transplant. It is available in various strengths and substitutes should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only. You are advised to complete the full treatment course.
Adults are advised to take Hepcinat 400 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with food. It is not recommended for a pediatric or breastfeeding woman.
How Much Of The Hepcinat 400 Mg (Sofosbuvir) to Be Used?
Hepcinat 400 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Hepcinat 400 mg.
How To Take The Hepcinat 400 Mg (Sofosbuvir)?
Hepcinat 400 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Hepcinat 400 Mg?
You are always advised to take Hepcinat 400 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. You should complete the course of medicine for effective results.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Hepcinat 400 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Hepcinat 400 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose next time if you have missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Hepcinat 400 Mg (Sofosbuvir)?
- Muscle Pain and Cramps
- Lower Back Pain
- Loss/Decreased of Appetite
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Hepcinat 400 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or Vitamins or Food Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Hepcinat 400 mg should be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Kidney (Renal Failure) and heart Diseases
- Hepatitis B (Hepcinat should be used cautiously in the patient with HBV infection as it may raise the risks of worsening the patient’s condition)
- You should take extreme care to prevent the HCV infection from spreading to other people as Hepcinat does not prevent to spread it through Sexual Contact, Sharing Needles, and contact with blood.
- You should always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
It is important to have a test for the Hepatitis B virus along with HCV infection to prevent the reactivation of HCV and HBV if you will ever have any of the HBV or HCV infection. Therapy includes the HBV antiviral medicine along with with Hepcinat 400 mg.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, duration and strength of the Tablet.
- Care should be taken in hypersensitivity (Allergy) and other Liver Disorders.
- You should monitor the Liver Function Test regularly.
- Hepcinat 400 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Hepcinat 400 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and are not damaged.