Pentids 400 Mg
USA Brand Name
Abbott Healthcare, India
What is Pentids 400 mg?
Pentids 400 mg is primarily used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
Bacterial infections like ear, nasal, throat, skin, and respiratory tract infections and Syphilis (a type of sexually transmitted disease) can be treated with this drug.
The main component in this medication is Penicillin G.
This medicine is manufactured in the strength of 400 mg and 200 mg by Abbott Healthcare.
Uses of Pentids (Penicillin G) 400 mg
Consumption of Pentids tablets can treat:
- Bacterial Infections: Doctors generally prescribe this medicine to treat infections in the ear, throat, nasal, respiratory tract, soft tissues, skin, and sinuses. It assists in preventing the growth of bacteria.
- Rheumatic Fever: It is an inflammatory disease caused by bacteria known as Streptococcus. This medicine helps prevent this disease's recurrence and control inflammation and symptoms.
- Syphilis: It is typically passed from one person to another through sexual contact. The early stage of Syphilis can be treated with the help of 400 mg strength of Pentids.
How does Pentids (Penicillin G) 400 mg work?
Pentids pill is an antibiotic drug that contains a significant amount of Penicillin G.
This ingredient is responsible for killing the bacteria that cause the infection.
It works by destroying the bacteria's cell wall protective layer.
And then further destroying the whole bacteria.
The 400 mg Pentids is a prescription-based medicine, and one should follow the instructions given by their doctor.
You can consume this medicine with a glassful of water without crushing or chewing it.
It is recommended to take this medicine at fixed times every day.
Some people might come across a few side effects after consuming this Penicillin G pill, such as:
- Stomach pain
- Skin rashes
- Serum sickness
- Rare severe allergic reactions
- An abnormal decrease in white blood cell count
- Difficulty in breathing
- Severe Diarrhea
- Decreased appetite
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
Pentids 400 mg tablet might interact with other drugs. Thus, do not consume this tablet with:
- Anticoagulants (Warfarin)
- Anti-cancer drugs (Methotrexate)
- Pain killers (Aspirin, Indomethacin)
- Antibiotics (Tetracycline, Chloramphenicol)
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol while taking Pentids as it can cause some interactions.
Disclose your medical history to your healthcare provider to avoid any side effects. Do not consume this medicine if you are suffering from:
- Kidney disease
- Heart or liver diseases
- Undergoing dialysis treatment
The 400 mg variant of Pentids tablets should be stored below 30 degrees Celsius in a cool and dry place.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I take Pentids 400?
It would be best if you took Pentids pills at the same time every day. Follow the directions given by your doctor on when to consume this drug.
You can take it on an empty or full stomach as prescribed.
Can I stop taking Pentids tablets once I feel better?
No, taking all doses of this drug as prescribed by your physician is crucial, even if you are feeling better.
The infection may still be present even after your symptoms are improved or gone.
So, do not stop taking it in between.
Can I get an allergic reaction after consumption of this Penicillin G pill?
It is rare to get an allergic reaction. However, some people might experience it.
Therefore, it is better to declare your medical history to avoid reactions and side effects.
Can breastfeeding women consume Pentids?
Yes, this medicine is safe for women who are breastfeeding.
However, it is always recommended to consult and inform your doctor before consuming any drug.