Ramipres 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Altace 5 mg
Ramipres is marketed globally by Cipla and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. The active ingredient present in Ramipres-5 is Ramipril. It is used in the treatment of Hypertension and Heart failure. It is also used to prevent heart attacks, strokes, and death from cardiovascular causes.
Manufacturer Of Ramipres-5
Ramipres-5, that contains 5 mg of Ramipril is manufactured by Cipla. It is mainly marketed and supplied by the company and its associates in India and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store.
Ramipres-5 contains 5 mg of Ramipril.
USA Brands Equivalent To Ramipril, The Salt Present In Ramipres-5
Uses Of Ramipril, The Salt Present In Ramipres-5
- It is used in the treatment of Hypertension and Heart failure
- It is used to prevent heart attacks, strokes, and death from cardiovascular causes
- Hypertension: It is a condition in which your blood pressure is persistently elevated.
- Heart Failure: It occurs when your heart is unable to pump sufficiently to maintain blood flow to the other parts of the body.
How Ramipres-5 Works?
It works by inhibiting angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and thus reducing the production of angiotensin II. Reduced level of angiotensin II causes smooth muscle relaxation in the arterioles and it reduces the blood pressure. The breakdown of bradykinins is also decreased due to the inhibition of ACE and this effect is responsible for the dry cough (one of the side effect). Ramipril is a precursor drug and it is converted into Ramiprilat in our body to produce the action.
How To Take Ramipres-5?
- Ramipres-5, that contains 5 mg of Ramipril, can be administered with or without food.
- Take this drug at the same time of day.
Ramipril the active salt in Ramipres is available in dosages which range from 1.25 mg to 10 mg at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore, and medical supply store. A more specific dose for your condition will be directed by your doctor.
How Long Should I Continue Taking Ramipres-5?
It is always advisable to consult your physician before you start/stop taking the drug. Avoid taking such decisions on your own and do not self-medicate.
Missed Dose Of Ramipres-5?
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take multiple doses at the same time
Drugs That Interact With Ramipril, The Salt Present In Ramipres-5
The following substances are known to interact with Ramipril:
- Ferric Gluconate
- Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents
- Iron Dextran Complex
- Angiotensin Receptor Blockers
- Loop Diuretics
- Phosphodiesterase 5 Inhibitors
When Not To Take Ramipres-5?
- Do not take Ramipres-5 are allergic to the salt or any of the excipients present in the formulation.
- Do not Ramipres-5 if you are pregnant. It may cause birth defects in your baby.
Side Effects Of Rampires-5
The side effects of Rampires-5 include:
- An Allergic Reaction
- Kidney Problems
- Increased Potassium Levels
- Severe Dizziness
- Dry Cough
- Chest Pain
- Stomach Ache
- Liver Problems
Overdose Of Rampires-5
The possible effects of an overdose include:
- Feeling extremely dizzy
Seek medical attention right away in case an overdose is suspected.
General Information And Precautions
- If you are allergic to Ramipril or any of the excipients present in the formulation, inform your physician.
- If you are allergic to any drugs, food items or substances, inform your physician.
- If you have ever had a condition called angioedema, inform your physician.
- If you are taking telmisartan, inform your physician.
- If you have diabetes or kidney problems, inform your physician.
- If you taking a drug called Aliskiren, inform your physician.
- If you are taking potassium supplements or products that contain potassium, inform your physician.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, inform your physician.
- Inform your physician about all of your drugs including OTC drugs, natural products, and vitamins.
- If you have any signs of low blood pressure like increased sweating, fluid loss, vomiting or diarrhea, inform your physician.
- If you are alcoholic, inform your physician.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly over a few minutes when sitting or lying down. Be careful climbing stairs.
- Check your blood pressure regularly.