Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm)
USA Brand Name
Retin A Cream
Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin)
What Is The Generic Name Of Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm)(Tretinoin)
Tretinoin is the generic version of Retino A Cream 0.05% w/w
USA Brands Equivalent To Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin)
- Retin A Cream
About Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin)
Retino A Cream 0.05% contains an active ingredient Tretinoin, is used in the treatment of Acne, Wrinkles, Skin Texture and Fine Line Pigmentation and can be found at all the leading online Pharmacy, Drugstores, and Medical Supply Stores.
Manufacturer Of Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin)
Janssen Pharmaceuticals is one of the top leading Pharmaceutical Company which manufactures Retino A Cream 0.05% w/w and is supplied to all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Strength Of Retino A Cream 0.05% w/w 20 Gm (Tretinoin)
Cream contains an active ingredient, Tretinoin 0.05% w/w in 20 gm tube that is available in various strengths and substitutes at all online Pharmacy Stores, Drugstores and Medical Supply Stores.
Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin) Is Used For The Treatment Of
- Fine Line Pigmentation and Wrinkles
- Skin Texture and Color
How Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin) Works
Retino A Cream 0.05% contains an active ingredient, Tretinoin which basically improves the rate of replacing the older skin cells by new skin cells/ by changing the turnover rate of cells. It also works by unblocking pores which allow natural oil producing glands function properly by reducing blackheads/ other spots.
Before You Use Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin)
You should be sure that
- You are not allergic to it
- It is not affecting the mother and baby during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- It is not interacting with the medicines you are taking with it.
- Your doctor knows your medical history
When Not To Use Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin)
You should avoid using Retino A Cream 0.05%:
- On sunburnt skin or if you have any other serious skin problems or a severe allergy
- If you are taking some medicines or supplements which raise the chances of sunburn, eg: Antibiotics and Medicines to treat mood problems
- If you are pregnant or conceiving
- If your skin is accidentally injured, has cuts and scrapes
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Are allergic to Retino A Cream 0.05%
- Are taking any other medicines for any disease or disorder
- Are using some skin products
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive or breastfeeding as it may harm the unborn or newly born baby
- Accidentally swallowed it
- Met with an accident causing skin injuries
- Have sunburn issues
Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin) is available in various strengths and as different doses at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore, and medical supply store. It should be taken on prescription only. It is important to take your doctor’s advice for the amount and frequency to use it as the severity of the Skin Problem can be judged by your doctor and he will instruct you the best possible way to use the medicament.
How Much Of Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin) Should Be Applied
Recommended Dosage: Apply a thin layer of the Cream to the affected area once a day at bedtime or directed by your doctor. Do not apply cream in a large amount as it may cause excessive drying or scaling of the skin or may just get piled up.
How To Apply Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin)
You should wash and dry your hands and the affected area properly prior to Cream application
- Wait for 10-20 min until dry
- Apply the small amount of cream rubbing gently with fingertips over the affected area (avoid applying near eyes, mouth, nose and inner ear). If it goes to eyes, nose or mouth then wash the areas thoroughly with water or may seek doctor’s help
- Clean your hands carefully after applying until the hand is the affected area (Do not wash the affected area where cream has applied)
For How Long Should You Continue Applying Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin)
You should use this Cream as long as directed by your physician. Moreover, its effects usually become noticeable after 2-3 weeks of using it but more than six weeks of therapy may be required for the beneficial effects.
Overdose Of Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin)
Excessive Cream application results only in pilling of Cream or dry flaking of the gel. It shows its effect on time and applying too much of it will not accelerate the process.
Missed Dose Of Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin)
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. Skip the missed dose and go back to your regular routine if it is almost time for the next dose. Do not apply multiple doses at the same time
Side Effects Of Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin)
The side effects of Retino A Cream 0.05% include:
- Red and Blistered Skin
- Swollen Skin
- Trouble in Breathing
- Unusual Hoarseness
- Swelling of Face, Mouth, Lips, Tongue or Throat
- Intense Skin Irritation
- Dry Skin and Itching
- Stinging and Peeling
- Change in Color of Skin
Drugs The Interact With Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin)
Using other drugs, supplements, over the counter drugs, or any substances may alter the medicinal effects of Retino A Cream 0.05%. It may cause either an allergic reaction or a serious adverse effect and may nullify the effect of your gel. Some of the drugs that are known to interact with Retino A Cream 0.05% are mentioned below:
- Salicylic Acid
- Benzoyl Peroxide
- Antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, Tetracycline
- Sulfa drugs like Sulfamethoxazole and Chlorpromazine.
- Few cosmetics
- You must inform the doctor about all the medicines you are already taking and always follow the instructions
Retino A Cream 0.05% should not be used in hypersensitive conditions
Warning And Precautions
- If you have applied the Cream then you should avoid exposure to sunlight and UV rays
- If skin irritation or allergy persists then stop using the Cream and consult your doctor
- Always keep the Cream in proper conditions and out of the reach of children
Things To Remember
- Read the insert of the tube thoroughly
- Always tell your doctor about your medical history and follow the instructions as directed by the doctor
How To Store Retino A Cream 0.05% (20 gm) (Tretinoin)
Keep the tube in a dry, dark and clean place. Avoid refrigeration