Adaferin Gel 0.1% (15 gm)
|USA Brand Name||Differin|
|Manufacture|| Galderma, France|
Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w 15 Gm (Adapalene)
What Is The Generic Name Of Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w?
Adapalene is the generic version of Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w
USA Brands Equivalent To Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene)
About Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene)
Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w contains a retinoid, Adapalene as an active ingredient which is used in the treatment of Acne Vulgaris in the age of 12 or above. You can find it at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Manufacturer Of Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene)
Galderma (France) is one of the top leading Pharmaceutical Company which manufactures Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w.
Strength Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene)
Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w contains an active ingredient, Adapalene 10% w/w in a 15 gm tube. It should be noted that this medicine may be available in various strengths.
Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene) Is Used For The Treatment Of
It is used in the treatment of:
How Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene) Works?
Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w contains an active ingredient, Adapalene (10% w/w), a retinoid which basically works by slowing the production of certain natural substances that can cause acne vulgaris.
Before You Use Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene)
You should be sure that:
- You are not allergic to it
- It is not affecting the mother and baby during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- It is not interacting with the medicines you are taking with it
When Not To Use Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene)?
You should avoid using the Cream if you:
- Are Allergic/Hypersensitive to it
- Are going outside in sunlight as it causes Sunburn
- Are taking some medicines or supplements which raise the chances of Allergy
- Are pregnant/conceiving/Breastfeeding and it is affecting your condition
- If your skin is accidentally injured, has cuts and scrapes.
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Are allergic to Adapalene
- Are taking any other medicines for any Disease or Disorder
- Are using some Skin Products, Herbal Products, and OTC drugs
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive or breastfeeding as it may harm the unborn or newly born baby
- Accidentally swallowed it
- Have Skin injuries, bruises, chopped and dry skin, and have open wounds
- Have any Pre-existing Skin Disease, or any Surgery
Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene) is available in various strengths at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore, and medical supply store. It should be used as directed by your doctor. It is not recommended for the children and caution should be taken in pregnant women.
You should apply the required amount of Cream only as the excessive Cream will not increase the healing process but the piling of the Cream.
How Much Of Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene) Should Be Applied?
Recommended Dosage: Take pea size Cream on your fingertip and apply a thin layer of the Cream to the affected area once/twice a day as suggested by your doctor.
How To Apply Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene)?
Here are the basic and easy steps to use the Cream:
- You should wash and dry your hands and the affected area properly prior to the Cream application
- Wait for few minutes until dry
- Take a pea size Cream on your fingertip and apply it by rubbing gently over the affected area (avoid applying near eyes, mouth, nose and inner ear).
- Keep it for some time on the affected area so that it can be absorbed better
- Clean your hands carefully after applying unless your hands are the affected area.
For How Long Should You Continue Applying Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene)?
You should use this Cream for as long as directed by your physician. Moreover, its effects usually become noticeable (about after 2-3 days to weeks) after its use.
Overdose Of Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene)
Excessive Cream application results only in piling of Cream. It shows its effect on time and applying too much of it will not accelerate the process.
Missed Dose Of Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene)?
A missed dose should be applied as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular routine. Do not apply multiple doses at the same time.
Side Effects Of Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene)
The side effects of Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w include:
- Skin Rashes
- Dry Skin
- Skin Irritation
- Burning Sensation/Skin Burn
- Redness of the Skin
Drugs Interact With Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene)
Using other drugs, herbal supplements, over the counter drugs, or any substances may alter the medicinal effects of Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w. It may cause either an allergic reaction or a serious adverse effect and may nullify the effect of your Cream.
Skin Cosmetics and Topical Herbal Products may react with the Cream if applied simultaneously but for the detailed knowledge and instructions always take your doctor’s advice.
You must inform the doctor about all the medicines you are already taking.
Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w should not be used in
- Hypersensitive conditions
- Sunburnt Skin
- Open wounds and Injured Skin
Warning And Precautions
- Always cover your Skin or affected area when you are going outside as this Cream enhances the chances of sunburn. Do not let yourself to expose directly in the sunlight for a long time.
- If skin irritation or allergy persists after using this Cream then stop using it and consult your doctor
- Avoid direct contact with your eyes, mouth, nose or other sensitive areas.
- Always keep the Cream in proper conditions and out of the reach of children.
Things To Remember
- Read the insert of the tube thoroughly.
- Always tell your doctor about your medical history and follow the instructions as directed by the doctor.
How To Store Adaferin Gel 0.1% w/w (Adapalene)
Keep the tube in a dry, dark and clean place. Avoid refrigeration