Adalat Crono 30 Mg
USA Brand Name
Bayer Healthcare, Germany
Adalat Crono 30 (Nifedipine)
What Is The Generic Name For Adalat Crono 30:
Nifedipine is the generic version for Adalat Crono
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Adalat Crono 30 Mg (Nifedipine):
About Adalat Crono 30 Mg (Nifedipine)
Adalat Crono 30 mg contains an active salt, Nifedipine, is Calcium Channel Blocker, which is used in the treatment of Hypertension and Chest Pain (Angina). You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Bayer Healthcare (Germany) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Adalat Crono 30 mg.
Adalat Crono 30 mg contains Nifedipine 30 mg per tablet. It is easily available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Adalat Crono 30 Mg (Nifedipine):
Adalat Crono 30 mg is used to treat Heart Disease and Blood Pressure:
- Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis
How Adalat Crono 30 Mg (Nifedipine) Works:
Adalat Crono 30 mg is a Calcium Channel Blocker which blocks the action of calcium on heart and blood vessels by relaxing the muscles and widening the vessels which helps in reducing the Blood Pressure and abnormally increased Heart Beat which lowers strain and oxygen requirement of the Heart.
Before You Use Adalat Crono 30 Mg (Nifedipine):
You must be sure that:
- You are not taking Alcohol as it can produce some side effects.
- Your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, and Medications)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Adalat Crono 30 Mg (Nifedipine):
- You should avoid Alcohol and Grapefruit Juice
- You should avoid Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Adalat Crono 30 Mg (Nifedipine):
You should not take Adalat Crono 30 Mg if you:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have sudden attack of Angina
- Are taking Rifampicin (an Antibiotic)
- Have Intestinal Problem or inflammation like Crohn’s Disease
- Have unstable angina
- Have serious Heart Problems and low Blood pressure
- Have Acute myocardial infarction
- Have Sick sinus syndrome
- Are Drug Addicted
- Are facing Side Effects (Dizziness, Lightheadedness, Swelling Ankles/Feet, Flushing, or A Headache)
- Are Having Kidney and Liver Problems
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have any allergy
- Have any other heart diseases or Problems
- Are suffering from Postural Hypotension (try to get up slowly to reduce this side effect)
- Have any kidney or liver disorder
- Are taking alcohol or other drugs
- Are taking grapefruit juice
- Notice Breathlessness or Swelling of ankles
- Are having Intestinal Disorders or inflammation
- Have Low Blood pressure
- Are Pregnant /Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Also inform the doctor if your chest pain is getting worse after using the medication
Adalat Crono 30 mg contains an active ingredient, a Calcium Channel Blocker, which is used in the treatment of Hypertension and Chest Pain (Angina). Adalat Crono 30 mg is available in various strengths, substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Ask your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the medicine as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Adalat Crono 30 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Adalat Crono 30 Mg (Nifedipine) to Be Used:
You are always advised to take Adalat Crono 30 Mg according to the severity of the disease. It is preferable to follow your doctor’s instructions and prescriptions only.
How To Take The Adalat Crono 30 Mg (Nifedipine):
Adalat Crono 30 Mg dose should be taken at a fixed time preferably with food. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Adalat Crono 30 Mg (Nifedipine):
You are advised to take Adalat Crono 30 Mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Don’t take it in larger or smaller amount or for too longer than recommended.
Immediately contact your doctor if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms.
Always try to take every dose of Adalat Crono 30 Mg at a fixed time. The missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Adalat Crono 30 Mg (Nifedipine):
- Body pain
- Postural Hypotension
- Chest discomfort
- Bleeding or inflammation of gums
- Swelling of the hands, ankles, feet, or lower legs
- Acid or sour stomach
- Muscle pain
- Skin rash
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Adalat Crono 30 Mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Antibiotics like: Rifampicin, Erthromycin
- Digoxin, Diltiazem, Quinidine or Beta Blockers
- Phenytoin, Carbamazapine or Valproic Acid
- Magnesium Sulphate Injection during pregnancy (may cause severe fall in blood pressure)
- Antifungal medicines like Ketoconazole, Itraconazole or Fluconazole
- Anti-HIV drugs like Indinavir, Nelfinavir, Ritonavir, etc.
- Antidepressants (Fluoxetine or Nefazodone)
It may interact with the following tests and may change the results:
- Urine test
- A barium contrast X-Ray (barium meal)
Warning And Precaution:
Adalat Crono 30 mg should be used cautiously in:
- Skin Reactions
- Heart Problems
- Intestinal Inflammation
- Patients with liver and kidney disease
- This medicine is not recommended for Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women and Pediatric Population
- You should always inform your doctor about your Medical Records so that you can have best possible and adjusted regimen
Things To Remember:
- Follow the proper Diet and Exercise Schedule for better Effects
- Drink plenty of water
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not use already open or damaged strips of tablets
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
Adalat Crono 30 Mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not exceed the limit of dosage
Store the Adalat Crono 30 Mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.