Admenta 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Admenta 5mg (Memantine )
What Is The Generic Name For Admenta 5mg?
Memantine is the generic version for Admenta Tablet.
Which USA Brands is Equivalent To Admenta 5mg (Memantine)?
About Admenta 5mg (Memantine)
Admenta 5mg contains active salt, Memantine, which is used in the treatment of Alzheimer disease and other memory disorders. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. This tablet can be given on a doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical company which manufactures Admenta 5mg (Memantine).
Admenta 5mg contains an active ingredient, Memantine. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Admenta 5mg (Memantine)?
Admenta 5mg (Memantine) is used in the treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer disease. It is also used in:
- Mental Confusion
- Impaired Reasoning
- Other Memory Disorders
How The Admenta 5mg Tablet (Memantine) Works?
Alzheimer is the condition characterized by memory loss which is generally seen in old people. This memory loss is due to an imbalance in chemical messengers (glutamate; involved in nerve signal transmission) in the brain. Admenta 5mg (Memantine) basically works by blocking the action of Glutamate. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Before You Use The Admenta 5mg (Memantine)
- You must be sure that you are not taking any alcohol.
- You must be sure that you are not having any liver and kidney diseases.
- You must be sure that your doctor knows about your medical history.
What Should You Avoid While Taking The Admenta 5mg (Memantine)?
- Other Medicines without a doctor’s consultation.
When Not To Use Admenta 5mg(Memantine)?
You should not take Admenta 5mg if you:
- Are Allergic To It.
- Are Heart Failure Patient.
- Have Renal Tubular Acidosis.
- Are Suffering From Epileptic Seizures Or Fits.
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Have any Heart Problem.
- Have any allergy.
- Ever have been diagnosed for epileptic seizures.
- Are taking other medicines/vitamins/ herbal supplements.
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive.
- Breastfeed the baby.
- Have liver or kidney disease.
How Much Of The Admenta 5mg (Memantine) to Be Used?
Admenta 5mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to take Admenta 5mg once in a day or in two divided doses depending upon the nature of the symptoms. Also, it is preferable to follow your doctor’s instructions and prescriptions only.
How To Take The Admenta 5mg (Memantine)?
Admenta 5mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the Admenta 5mg as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using an Admenta 5mg (Memantine)?
You are always advised to take Admenta 5mg prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
You should contact your doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected.
- You should try to take every dose of Admenta 5mg (Memantine) at a fixed time.
- A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. You can skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take an extra dose if you have missed one dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Admenta 5mg (Memantine)?
Admenta 5mg (Memantine) may cause side effects:
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Taking Admenta 5mg (Memantine) with other medicines can produce some adverse effects like Dizziness and Low Blood Pressure.
You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications like:
- Necrotic Pain Medicines
- Muscle Relaxants
- Antianxiety Medicines
- Hypertension Medicines
Over the counter medicines, Vitamins and herbal products have been reported to interact with Admenta 5mg (Memantine)
Warning And Precaution
- Avoid alcohol
- Do not drive or do anything which needs alertness.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use already open or broken tablets.
Things To Remember
- Always read the information written on the strip. Eg: composition, manufactured date, expiry date, etc.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
Admenta 5mg (Memantine) slows down the progression of Alzheimer disease. It does not stop or reverse it.
Store Admenta 5mg (Memantine) at room temperature in a cool, dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.