Afogatran 150 Capsule
USA Brand Name
Dabigatran Etexilate (150Mg)
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Afogatran 150 Mg Capsule (Dabigatran Etexilate)
What Is The Generic Name For Afogatran 150 Mg Capsule:
Dabigatran Etexilate is the generic version for Afogatran 150 mg Capsule
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Afogatran 150 Mg Capsule (Dabigatran Etexilate):
About Afogatran 150 Mg Capsule (Dabigatran Etexilate)
Afogatran 150 mg Capsule contains an active ingredient, Dabigatran Etexilate, an anticoagulant which makes the blood flow more easily. This medicine prevents & treats clot formation in the veins of the legs, lungs, brain, & heart. It is commonly used to reduce the risk of stroke & prevent as well as treat the formation of blood clots (conditions such as pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis, systemic thromboembolism, etc.) in patients who are suffering from atrial fibrillation as well as patients who have undergone a knee or hip replacement surgery. Deep vein thrombosis or DVT is a situation in which blood clot is formed in a vein deep in the body. The majority of the deep vein clots occur in the lower leg or thigh. If the vein swells, the condition is known as thrombophlebitis. A Deep vein thrombosis can break loose & can cause a serious problem in the lung, a condition known as a pulmonary embolism. Usually, if a person gets hurt, the body forms a blood clot to stop the bleeding but some person get lots of clots or their blood clots unusually. If the blood clot in the deep vein breaks off & travels through the bloodstream to the lung and blocks the flow of blood, the condition is known as pulmonary embolism. This medicine is obtainable at all the leading primary pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores easily but it must be taken strictly on doctor’s prescription only.
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is the primary pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Afogatran 150 mg Capsule.
Afogatran 150 mg Capsule contains an active constituent, Dabigatran Etexilate (150 mg). This medicine is obtainable in other substitutes at all the leading primary online pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores easily.
What Are The Uses Of The Afogatran 150 Mg Capsule (Dabigatran Etexilate):
Afogatran 150 mg Capsule is used in the treatment in the following conditions:
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Pulmonary embolism
- Stroke prevention
How Afogatran 150 Mg Capsule (Dabigatran Etexilate) Works:
Afogatran 150 mg Capsule has an active ingredient; Dabigatran Etexilate, which is a novel oral anticoagulant (NOAC). It acts by preventing the formation of blood clots in the body. Dabigatran Etexilate directly inhibits thrombin in a concentration-dependent, reversible, specific, & competitive manner that results in a prolongation of aPTT (partial thromboplastin time), ECT (Ecarin clotting time), & TT (thrombin time)
Before You Use Afogatran 150 Mg Capsule (Dabigatran Etexilate):
Make certain that:
- You are not having some severe Disease
- You are not sensitive to Dabigatran Etexilate
- Your doctor have to be well-informed regarding your medical history like your pre-existing disease, surgeries & Medications, lifestyle, Supplements, Food Habits, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Afogatran 150 Mg Capsule (Dabigatran Etexilate):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Afogatran 150 Mg Capsule (Dabigatran Etexilate):
You should not take Afogatran 150 mg Capsule if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Are pregnant
- Have gastrointestinal bleeding
- Have infections
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an Allergy to the Capsule
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver/ Kidney disease
- Have infections
Afogatran 150 mg Capsule contains an active ingredient, Dabigatran Etexilate, which prevents & treats clot formation in the veins of the legs, lungs, brain, & heart. This medicine is obtainable in different substitutes & strength easily. This medicine must be purchased or taken on doctor’s prescription only. You must discuss about with your medical doctor for adjustment of dosage & time of the medicine given the fact that severity of the disease vary from person to person. This can only be judged finest by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Afogatran 150 mg Capsule at a fixed time with or without food the same as directed by your medical doctor. You must take Afogatran 150 mg Capsule regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Afogatran 150 Mg Capsule (Dabigatran Etexilate) to Be Used:
As Afogatran 150 mg Capsule is available in various strengths and substitutes. Patients are always suggested to follow doctor’s prescriptions & instructions to take Afogatran 150 mg Capsule. You should not take this Capsule on your own & for a longer period than recommended by the doctor.
How To Take The Afogatran 150 Mg Capsule (Dabigatran Etexilate):
Take Afogatran 150 mg Capsule in the dose & duration as recommended by your medical doctor. You must swallow the medicine as a whole & not chew, crush, or break the Capsule. Afogatran 150 mg Capsule can be taken with or without food, but it is always better to take this drug at a fixed time.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Afogatran 150 Mg Capsule (Dabigatran Etexilate):
You are always advised to take Afogatran 150 mg Capsule as prescribed. You must not start or stop using this medication unexpectedly on your own. You have to follow all the procedure given by your doctor, rigorously. You must not take the Capsule in a larger or smaller measure or for an extended period than recommended by your doctor.
You must look for medical emergency treatment and/ or get in touch with your medical doctor instantaneously in case of any overdose symptoms. The emergency treatment will be initiated without delay by your medical doctor if they detect any overdose symptoms in you.
The missed dose of the Capsule has to be taken as fast as feasible. You must strictly skip the missed dose if it is the time for your next planned dosage by now. It is firmly recommended not to double the dosage of the treatment to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Afogatran 150 Mg Capsule (Dabigatran Etexilate):
- Black or Tarry stools
- Loss of consciousness
- Fast/irregular heart beat
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Several medicines have been reported to interact with Afogatran 150 mg Capsule. These interactions might create some needless or unfavorable effects or it may cause your drug not to function properly. You should continually have a discussion with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements so that well proposed medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
This medicine can also interact with the following disease condition:
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Active bleeding disorder
Warning And Precaution:
Afogatran 150 mg Capsule can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- Use of this medicine is not suggested by children less than 18 years of age
- You have to regularly get your blood tests done to check your blood cells, electrolyte levels & hemoglobin levels, liver & kidney function, during treatment with this medicine
- You should also get your blood pressure & levels of proteins in urine checked frequently while taking this medicine
- You must take low-fat diet, exercise regularly and stop smoking for this medicine to work better
- You should not drive or operate heavy machines concurrently as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- You be supposed not to take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- You must always talk about with your medical doctor to get the first-rated treatment if you are observing a number of of the above mentioned conditions/ symptoms.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Afogatran 150 mg Capsule out of reach and view of the children
- This medicine is strictly used with care for treatment of children
- Afogatran 150 mg Capsule is not suggested for use in pregnant women owing to the increased risk of injurious effects on the unborn baby
- You should always check up the information in particular printed on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- You must always talk about with your medical doctor if you have any uncertainty in terms of the dosage, time and strength of the medicine.
Afogatran 150 mg Capsule should be taken as recommended by your doctor. You must not take this prescription for a longer period than recommended by the medical doctor.
Store the Afogatran 150 mg Capsule at room temperature in dark & dry place. Make sure that the Capsule is intact & not broken while purchasing or storing.