Amantrel 100 Mg
USA Brand Name
Amantrel 100 Mg (Amantadine)
What Is The Generic Name For Amantrel 100 Mg?
Amantadine Hcl is the generic version for Amantrel
Which USA Brands is Equivalent To Amantrel 100 Mg (Amantadine)?
About Amantrel 100 Mg Capsule (Amantadine)
Amantrel 100 Mg Capsule contains an active salt, Amantadine, which is mainly used in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. This Capsule can be given on a doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical company which manufactures Amantrel 100 Mg (Amantadine).
Amantrel 100 Mg contains an active ingredient, Amantadine. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Amantrel 100 Mg (Amantadine)?
Amantrel 100 Mg used in the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease. It is also used for:
- Drug-Induced Extrapyramidal Reactions
- Influenza A Prophylaxis
- Influenza A Treatment
How The Amantrel 100 Mg (Amantadine) Works?
Amantrel 100 Mg basically increases the Dopamine, a chemical messenger which is needed for control movements in the brain. It also prevents the reproduction of the virus in the body and by blocking NMDA receptors. It is available in various strengths and given according to the severity of the disease.
Before You Use Amantrel 100 Mg (Amantadine)
- You must be sure that you are not taking any Alcohol.
- You must be sure that you are not having any Heart, Liver, and Kidney disorder.
- You must be sure that your doctor knows about your medical history.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Amantrel 100 Mg (Amantadine)?
- You should avoid taking Alcohol
- It is better to avoid Driving and operating the machine; works which need you to be more alert.
- Other Medicines without a doctor’s consultation.
When Not To Use Amantrel 100 Mg (Amantadine)?
You should not take Amantrel 100 Mg if you:
- Are Allergic to it
- Are taking medicines for psychiatric problems
- Have heart problems and epilepsy
- Have visual problems
- Have stomach and intestinal ulcers
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Have Any Allergy or Pre Existing Disease
- Are Taking Other Medicines and Herbal Supplements
- Are Pregnant or Trying To Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Have any Heart And Kidney Problems.
- Have any Behavioral Disorder
- Are Drug Addicted
How Much Of The Amantrel 100 Mg (Amantadine) to Be Used?
Amantrel is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to take Amantrel 100 Mg Capsule as prescribed by the doctor. The severity of the disease directs the dose and strength of the medicine.
How To Take The Amantrel 100 Mg (Amantadine)?
Amantrel 100 Mg dose should be taken at a fixed time and after food as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the Amantrel 100 Mg Capsule as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using an Amantrel 100 Mg (Amantadine)?
You are always advised to take Amantrel 100 Mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended. It may take few months to show improvements in the patient.
You should contact your doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected. You may have overdose symptoms:
You should try to take every dose of Amantrel 100 Mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. You can skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Amantrel 100 Mg (Amantadine)?
- Loss of Appetite
- Dry Mouth
- Ankle Swelling
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Discoloration of Skin of Legs
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Over the counter medicines, and other food supplements have been reported to interact with Amantrel 100 Mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Central Nervous System Stimulants
- Live Vaccines
Warning And Precaution
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid driving or operating the machines if you have taken Amantrel 100 Mg.
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women should use it cautiously
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not use already open or broken Capsules
Things To Remember
- Never stop Amantrel 100 Mg abruptly without your doctor’s consent.
- Always read the information written on the strip. Eg: composition, manufactured date, expiry date, etc.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Capsule.
- Amantrel 100 Mg (Amantadine) should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not exceed the limit of dosage.
- It should not be used by patients having Hypersensitivity and Untreated Angle Closure Glaucoma.
Store Amantrel 100 Mg (Amantadine) at room temperature in a cool, dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the Capsules should be intact and Capsules are not damaged.