Atarax 10 Mg
USA Brand Name
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
What Is The Generic Name For Atarax 10 Mg?
Hydroxyzine HCl is the generic version for Atarax 10 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Atarax 10 Mg (Hydroxyzine HCl)?
About Atarax 10 Mg (Hydroxyzine HCl)
Atarax 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Hydroxyzine HCl, which is used in the treatment of Allergic disorders. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Atarax 10 mg.
Atarax 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Hydroxyzine HCl, 10 mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Atarax 10 Mg (Hydroxyzine HCl)?
Atarax 10 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Allergic Disorders
- Contact Dermatitis
- Preoperative Sedation
How Atarax 10 Mg (Hydroxyzine HCl) Works?
Atarax 10 mg is an antihistaminic agent which has Hydroxyzine HCl, as an active ingredient and basically works by reducing the natural chemical histamine which induces allergic reactions like inflammation, itching, congestion, etc. It is also used in treating the anxiety by reducing the activity of the Central Nervous System.
Before You Use Atarax 10 Mg (Hydroxyzine HCl)
- Make sure that you are not taking alcohol as it induces excessive drowsiness and calmness to the brain
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Atarax 10 Mg (Hydroxyzine HCl)?
- Avoid taking alcohol
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Atarax 10 Mg (Hydroxyzine HCl)?
You should not take Atarax 10 mg if you:
- Are allergic to Atarax
- Have prolonged QT interval
- Are pregnant or conceiving
- Are having liver and kidney disorders
- Are driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
- Are breastfeeding
- Always consult with your doctor about the dosage and safe use of the drug when you have the above conditions.
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Have an allergy to the tablet
- Have any other heart disease
- Have any kidney or liver disease
- Are taking alcohol or other drugs
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having Seizure Disorders
Atarax 10 mg is having 10 mg of Hydroxyzine HCl which is used to treat allergic reactions and anxiety disorders. It should be taken on fixed time twice or thrice as prescribed by your doctor. You can take it with or without food.
How Much Of The Atarax 10 Mg (Hydroxyzine HCl) to Be Used?
Atarax 10 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Atarax 10 mg.
How To Take The Atarax 10 Mg (Hydroxyzine HCl)?
Atarax 10 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it. It is always better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Atarax 10 Mg (Hydroxyzine HCl)?
You are always advised to take Atarax 10 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
You should contact your doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected.
You should try to take every dose of Atarax 10 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. You can skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Atarax 10 Mg (Hydroxyzine HCl)?
- Muscle Pain
- Dry Mouth
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Abdominal Pain
- Shaking of the Hands and Feet
- Sneezing/Running Nose/cough
- Fast Heartbeats
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Atarax 10 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Fluoroquinolones antibiotics
- This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- QT prolongation
Warning And Precaution
Atarax 10 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Patients with liver and kidney disease
- Heart disease
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment.
Things To Remember
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity (Allergy).
- Monitoring of kidney and liver function while taking this medicine is necessary.
- Atarax 10 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course. Avoid self-medication without any prescription or doctor’s instructions.
Store the Atarax 10 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.