Bimat-T Eye Drop
USA Brand Name
Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution
Ajanta Pharma, India
Bimat-T Eye Drop (Bimatoprost)
What Is The Generic Name For Bimat-T Eye Drop:
Bimatoprost is the generic version for Bimat-T Eye Drop
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Bimat-T Eye Drop (Bimatoprost):
- Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution
About Bimat-T Eye Drop (Bimatoprost):
Bimat-T Eye Drop contains an active ingredient, Bimatoprost, which is used for the treatment of Glaucoma/ ocular hypertension. You can find it from all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
- Eye Drops
Ajanta Pharma, India is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Bimat-T Eye Drop.
Bimat-T Eye Drop contains an active ingredient, Bimatoprost, which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the drugstores, leading online pharmacy stores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Bimat-T Eye Drop (Bimatoprost):
Bimat-T Eye Drop is used in the treatment of disease like:
- Ocular Hypertension
How Bimat-T Eye Drop (Bimatoprost) Works:
Bimat-T Eye Drop is consisting of Bimatoprost as an active ingredient which basically decreases the pressure in the eyeball by increasing the expulsion of aqueous humor (clear watery fluid filling the space in front of an eyeball)
Before You Use Bimat-T Eye Drop (Bimatoprost):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to its contents
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements
What Should You Avoid While Taking Bimat-T Eye Drop (Bimatoprost):
- You should avoid wearing of contact lenses while using Bimat-T Eye Drop and should wear after 15 min of using it.
- Avoid driving and doing any mechanical work while taking eye drops as it may cause blurring of the vision for sometime.
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Bimat-T Eye Drop (Bimatoprost):
You should avoid Bimat-T Eye Drop if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Are using Contact Lenses
- Are using other Eye Drops which can meddle with Bimatoprost
- Are pregnant or planning to be become pregnant
- Are Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your Physician for effective and suitable treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any infection of eyes or any part of eyes
- Have any Liver Dysfunction
- Have gone through any eye surgery
- Are having any other Diseases, Therapies or Drugs which may affect its efficacy
Bimat-T Eye Drop contains an active ingredient, Bimatoprost , which is used in the treatment of Glaucoma. It is available in various strengths and substitutes but it should be given on doctor’s prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage as severity of the disease differs from person to person.
Patients are advised to take Bimat-T Eye Drop at a fixed time as suggested by the doctor. If you are taking multiple eye medication then always take a gap of 5-10 min between two medicines to prevent the interaction of medicines.
How Much Of The Bimat-T Eye Drop (Bimatoprost) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Bimat-T Eye Drop. Furthermore, it is suggested to take one drop daily on regular basis.
How To Take The Bimat-T Eye Drop (Bimatoprost):
Bimat-T Eye Drop should be taken at a fixed time probably in the evening time or as directed by your doctor.
Hold the dropper close to the eye without touching its tip to the eye. Gently squeeze the dropper and pour the medicine inside the lower eyelid. Clean the extra liquid with a clean towel.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Bimat-T Eye Drop (Bimatoprost)
You are advised to take the Eye Drop as long as prescribed by your doctor. Do not discontinue the medicine before the completion of the course and also do not take it for a longer period without doctor’s knowledge.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are observing that you have taken a high dose/multiple doses and due to that you are facing any symptoms or serious side effects in your eyes.
Do not share your eye drops with any one nearby you in any case. One should visit doctor for their proper check up if he/ she are facing any similar issue in his/ her eye.
A missed dose of Bimat-T Eye Drop should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dosage if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take multiple dosages next time if you missed once. Taking multiple doses at single will not speed up the process of recovery.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Bimat-T Eye Drop (Bimatoprost)
- Eye Itching
- Conjunctival Hyperemia
- Stinging in the Eyes
- Eyelash Changes
- Burning Sensation in Eye
- Foreign Body Sensation in Eyes
- Night Blindness
- Increased Iris Pigmentation which may be permanent
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with the Eye Drop contents which can produce some undesirable effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other medicines or Herbal Supplements as these may interact with your Bimat-T Eye Drop. It may interact with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
- Bimat-T Eye Drop should be used very cautiously in:
- Abnormal Liver Function
- Absent eye lens (Aphakia)
- Inflammation of Iris and Uvea of the eye
- Macular swelling (Edema) and degeneration of the eye
- Always consult your doctor for best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Care should be taken to prevent the contact of eye dispenser with eyes, eyelashes, eyelids, or fingers to avoid infection
- Consult your doctor in case you have any doubt regarding dose, strength and time of the medication
Skin of the Eyelid may become dark and of increased length, thickness, and the number of your eyelashes. Do not worry as these changes will be gone after discontinuing Bimat-T Eye Drop.
Read the insert carefully.
Store it at room temperature in dark, dry and clean place. Do not freeze it.