Cabgolin 0.5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Cabgolin 0.5 Mg (Cabergolin)
What Is The Generic Name For Cabgolin 0.5 Mg?
Cabergolin is the generic version for Cabgolin 0.5 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cabgolin 0.5 mg (Cabergolin)?
About Cabgolin 0.5 Mg (Cabergolin):
Cabgolin 0.5 mg contains an active ingredient Cabergolin 0.5 mg, which is used in the treatment of increased Prolactin levels and Acromegaly. This medicine helps in preventing infertility, sexual problems and stops breast milk production (lactation) soon after childbirth, abortion or miscarriage. It is also used as second line drug in prevention of Parkinson’s Disease along with Levodopa and Carbidopa. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Cabgolin 0.5 mg.
Cabgolin 0.5 mg contains an active ingredient, Cabergolin 0.5 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cabgolin 0.5 Mg (Cabergolin)?
Cabgolin 0.5 mg is used in:
- Parkinson's Disease
How Cabgolin 0.5 Mg (Cabergolin) Works?
Cabgolin 0.5 mg contains an active ingredient Cabergolin, which basically treats increased prolactin level by decreasing the amount of prolactin in the body which helps in fertility and period problems. It treats acromegaly by decreasing the amount of growth hormone in the body.
Before You Use Cabgolin 0.5 Mg (Cabergolin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to corticosteroids
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cabgolin 0.5 Mg (Cabergolin)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cabgolin 0.5 Mg (Cabergolin)?
You should avoid Cabgolin 0.5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have Heart Problems
- Are Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic (Fever/Flu-like symptoms)
- Have Irregular Heart Beats or Chest Pain or any other Heart Problem
- Have breathing problems or tightness in the chest even after taking the medicine
- Have Hypertension
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Cabgolin 0.5 mg contains an active ingredient, Cabergolin 0.5 mg, which is used in the treatment of increased Prolactin Levels and Acromegaly. It stops breast milk production (lactation) soon after Childbirth, Abortion or Miscarriage. Cabgolin 0.5 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Cabgolin 0.5 mg at a fixed time, preferably with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. This is not recommended for Breastfeeding women and chidren.
How Much Of The Cabgolin 0.5 Mg (Cabergolin) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Cabgolin 0.5 mg.
How To Take The Cabgolin 0.5 Mg (Cabergolin)?
Cabgolin 0.5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food to avoid Stomach Upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cabgolin 0.5 Mg?
You are always advised to take Cabgolin 0.5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Cabgolin 0.5 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cabgolin 0.5 Mg (Cabergolin)?
- Painful Menstruation
- Burning or Tingling Sensation of Hands and Feet
- Breast Pain
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Blurred Vision
- Difficulty in Breathing
- A decrease in Frequency of Urination
- Swelling of Ankles or Feet
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Cabgolin 0.5 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Sodium Oxybate
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
- Cardiovascular Disorders
Warning And Precaution:
Cabgolin 0.5 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Lactation suppression
- This is not recommended for suppressing milk production due to the increased risk of serious adverse effects like Stroke, Hypertension, and Seizures
- It is not recommended for Breastfeeding women and Pediatric Population but safe in Pregnancy.
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Regular monitoring your Heart Function is necessary
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Cabgolin 0.5 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Cabgolin 0.5 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.