Calaptin 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
Abbott Healthcare, India
What Is The Generic Name For Calaptin 40 Mg?
Verapamil is the generic version for Calaptin 40 Mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Calaptin 40 Mg (Verapamil)?
About Calaptin 40 Mg (Verapamil)
Calaptin 40 Mg contains an active salt, Verapamil, is Calcium Channel Blocker, used to relax the muscles of Heart and blood vessels. It is used in Hypertension, Arrhythmias, and Migraine. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Abbott Healthcare (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Calaptin 40 Mg.
Calaptin 40 Mg contains an active ingredient, Verapamil. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Calaptin 40 Mg (Verapamil)?
Calaptin 40 Mg is used to treat Heart Disease and Blood Pressure:
- Chest Pain (Angina Pectoris)
How Calaptin 40 Mg (Verapamil) Works?
Calaptin is a Calcium Channel Blocker. It blocks the action of calcium on the heart and blood vessels by relaxing the muscles. This helps in reducing Blood Pressure and abnormal increased Heart Beat which lowers strain and oxygen requirement of the Heart.
Before You Use Calaptin 40 Mg (Verapamil):
- You must be sure that you are not taking Alcohol as it can produce some side effects.
- You must be sure that you do not have heart, liver or kidney problems.
- You must be sure that your doctor knows about your medical history.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Calaptin 40 Mg (Verapamil)?
- Grapefruit Juice
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Calaptin 40 Mg (Verapamil)?
You should not take Calaptin 40 Mg if you:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have 2nd and 3rd-degree Atrioventricular Block
- Are suffering from Cardiogenic Shock
- Are drug addicted
- Are suffering from Hypotension
- Are having Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome
- Are having symptoms of severe Left Ventricular Dysfunction
- Have Heart and Liver problems
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have any allergy
- Have any other heart disease
- Have any kidney or liver disorder
- Are taking alcohol or other drugs
- Are taking grapefruit juice
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
How Much Of The Calaptin 40 Mg (Verapamil) to Be Used?
Calaptin 40 Mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to take Calaptin 40 Mg according to the severity of the disease. It is preferable to follow your doctor’s instructions and prescriptions only.
How To Take The Calaptin 40 Mg (Verapamil)?
Calaptin 40 Mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it. It is always better to take it with food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Calaptin 40 Mg (Verapamil)?
You are always advised to take Calaptin 40 Mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
You should contact your doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected.
You should try to take every dose of Calaptin 40 Mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. You can skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Calaptin 40 Mg (Verapamil)?
- Chest Pain
- Slow Heart Rate
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Calaptin 40 Mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
- Pregnant and Breastfeed Women should use it cautiously
- Patients with liver and kidney disease should use it cautiously
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not use already open or broken tablets
Things To Remember:
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should be used in hypersensitivity.
- Calaptin 40 Mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not exceed the limit of dosage
Store the Calaptin 40 Mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.