Canstat .01% (15 gm)
USA Brand Name
Ochoa Laboratories, India
Canstat Cream 0.01% 15 Gm (Clotrimazole)
What Is The Generic Name Of Canstat Cream 15 Gm:
Clotrimazole is the generic version of Canstat Cream 15 Gm
USA Brands Equivalent To Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole):
Lotrimin AF Cream
About Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole):
Clotrimazole is the active agent present in Canstat and used in the treatment of Fungal Infections like Athletes’ Foot, Jock itch, Ringworm, etc. in different parts of the body and also used to relieve symptoms of these infections like Itching, Skin Rashes, burning, or scaling of skin, etc. You may search it at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Manufacturer Of Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole):
Ochoa Laboratories is the one of the leading Pharmaceutical Company which manufactures Canstat Cream 15 gm.
Strength Of Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole):
Canstat Cream 15 gm contains Clotrimazole 0.01% w/w in a 15 gm tube. All the leading Pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical stores are the places you can find this medicinal tube in various strengths and substitutes.
Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole) Is Used For The Treatment Of:
It is used in the treatment of:
- Tinea Versicolor
- Fungal infections of nappy rash
- Fungal infections of vulva
- Fungal Infections of Vagina, Penis, Groin, and Toes
- Allergic Rhinitis
How Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole) Works:
Canstat Cream contains Clotrimazole an antifungal agent which is used topically to stop the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
Before You Use Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole):
You should be sure that:
- You are not allergic to it
- It is not affecting the mother and baby during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- It is not interacting with the medicines you are taking with it
When Not To Use Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole):
You should avoid using the Cream if you:
- Are Allergic to it
- Are having periods (for Vaginal Infections)
- Have any itching problem caused by any other infection
- Are taking some medicines or supplements which raise the chances of Allergy
- Are pregnant/conceiving/Breastfeeding and it is affecting your condition
- Never get infected by the yeast (fungal) infection
- If your skin is accidentally injured, has cuts, wounds, and scrapes.
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are allergic to Clotrimazole
- Have any of the symptoms like Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding, a Blood-Stained Discharge, Vaginal Ulcers, Foul Smelling Vaginal Discharge, Fever or Chills, Nausea/Vomiting, Diarrhea, etc.
- If symptoms do not disappear even after 2 to 4 weeks of applying Canstat Cream
- Have had two or more infections of Fungal Vaginitis in the last six months
- Have history of sexually transmitted disease (STD) or exposed to a partner with STD
- Are Pregnant/ conceiving/breastfeeding as it may harm the unborn or newly born baby
- Have skin bruises, cuts, injuries, chopped and dry Skin, and have open wounds
- Are taking any other medicines for any other Disease or Disorder
Canstat Cream 15 gm may be available in various strengths at every leading online pharmacy stores, drugstore, and medical supply store. It should be used as directed by your doctor.
You should apply the required amount of Cream only as the excessive application will not increase the healing process but the piling up of the Cream. Do not apply this Cream if you have already applied another Cream or ointment on affected area.
You should avoid it during pregnancy/Breastfeeding. Its tablets or pessaries should be avoided in children below 16 years of age.
How Much Of Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole) Should Be Applied:
Take required amount of Cream in your hand and apply a thin layer of the Cream to the affected area once/twice a day or as suggested by your doctor.
How To Apply Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole):
Here are the basic steps to apply the Cream:
- You should wash and dry your hands and clean the affected area properly prior to the Cream application
- Take Cream in your hand and apply it by rubbing gently over the affected area (avoid applying near eyes, mouth, nose and inner ear).
- Clean your hands thoroughly after using cream unless your hands are the affected area.
For How Long Should You Continue Applying Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole):
Its effects usually become noticeable (about after 2-3 days) after its use. Do not use this Cream for a long time.
Overdose Of Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole):
Excessive application of cream results only in piling of Cream. It generally shows its effect with time only and applying too much of it will not accelerate the process. It may sometime show the adverse effects on the excessive application. Contact your physician if you observe any symptom of overdose.
Missed Dose Of Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole):
A missed dose should be applied as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular routine. Do not apply multiple times at the same time.
Side Effects Of Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole):
The side effects of Canstat Cream 15 Gm include:
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Skin rash
- Redness of skin
- Vaginal infection
Drugs Interact With Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole):
Using other drugs, herbal supplements, over the counter drugs, or any substances may alter the medicinal effects of Canstat Cream 15 gm. It may cause either an allergic reaction or a serious adverse effect and may nullify the effect of your Cream. Cosmetics and other topical products also can interact with it.
Canstat Cream 15 Gm should not be used in:
- Hypersensitive conditions
- Drug Resistance
- Immune Disorders
Warning And Precautions:
- If skin irritation or allergy persists after using this Cream then stop using it and consult your doctor.
- You should not use vaginal douches, tampons or other vaginal products while using Clotrimazole for vaginal infections. You should avoid vaginal intercourse during treatment of vaginal infections.
- Avoid direct contact with your eyes, mouth, nose or other sensitive areas. If mistakenly it happens then wash your eyes, mouth properly with water or contact your doctor.
- Always keep the Cream in proper conditions and out of the reach of children.
Things To Remember:
- Read the insert of the tube thoroughly.
- Always tell your doctor about your medical history and follow the instructions as directed by the doctor.
How To Store Canstat Cream 15 Gm (Clotrimazole):
Keep the bottle in a dry, dark and clean place. Avoid refrigeration.