Cetil 250 Mg
USA Brand Name
Cetil 250 Mg (Cefuroxime Axetil)
What Is The Generic Name For Cetil 250 Mg:
Cefuroxime Axetil is the generic version for Cetil 250 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cetil 250 mg (Cefuroxime Axetil):
About Cetil 250 Mg (Cefuroxime Axetil):
Cetil 250 mg contains an active ingredient Cefuroxime Axetil 250 mg, which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue, blood, and lungs. It is also used to prevent infections after surgery. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Lupin (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Cetil 250 mg.
Cetil 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Cefuroxime Axetil 250 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cetil 250 Mg (Cefuroxime Axetil):
Cetil 250 mg is used in:
- Pharyngitis/ Tonsillitis
- Acute Bacterial Otitis Media
- Skin and Structure Infection
- Lyme disease
- Gonococcal infection
How Cetil 250 Mg (Cefuroxime Axetil) Works:
Cetil 250 mg contains an active ingredient Cefuroxime Axetil, is an antibiotic that kills bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
Before You Use Cetil 250 Mg (Cefuroxime Axetil):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Cefuroxime Axetil
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cetil 250 Mg (Cefuroxime Axetil):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Cetil 250 mg with dietary sodium
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cetil 250 Mg (Cefuroxime Axetil):
You should avoid Cetil 250 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are on blood thinners
- Have hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Have kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Cetil 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Cefuroxime Axetil 50 mg, used in the treatment of bacterial infections. Cetil 250 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Cetil 250 mg at a fixed time, preferably with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Cetil 250 Mg (Cefuroxime Axetil) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Cetil 250 mg.
How To Take The Cetil 250 Mg (Cefuroxime Axetil):
Cetil 250 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cetil 250 Mg (Cefuroxime Axetil)
You are always advised to take Cetil 250 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Cetil 250 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cetil 250 Mg (Cefuroxime Axetil)
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Abdominal pain
- Itching of Vagina or genital area
- Difficult or painful urination
- Change in taste
- Acid or sour stomach
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Cetil 250 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Cholera Vaccine
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
- Liver Disease
- Seizure disorders
Warning And Precaution:
Cetil 250 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Allergy to Cetil 250 mg or other Beta-lactam antibiotics like Penicillin and cephalosporins
- Clostridium difficile-associated Diarrhea
- Impaired kidney function
- It is not recommended for Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population.
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Cetil 250 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Cetil 250 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.