Clindac A 15 Gm
USA Brand Name
Clindamycin Phosphate Gel
Galderma India Pvt Ltd
Clindac A 1% w/w Gel 15 Gm (Clindamycin Phosphate)
What Is The Generic Name Of Clindac A 1%w/w Gel?
Clindamycin Phosphate is the generic version of Clindac A 1% w/w Gel
USA Brands Equivalent To Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate):
About Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate):
Clindac A 1% w/w is an antibiotic Gel having Clindamycin Phosphate as an active agent which is used in the treatment of Acne and other bacterial Infections. You can find it at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores
Manufacturer Of Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate):
Galderma India Pvt Ltd. is the one of the top leading Pharmaceutical Company which manufactures Clindac A 1% w/w Gel.
Strength Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate):
Clindac A 1% w/w Gel contains an active ingredient, Clindamycin Phosphate 1% w/w in a 15 gm tube. It should be noted that this medicine may be available in various strengths.
Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate) Is Used For The Treatment Of:
It is used in the treatment of:
- Acne Vulgaris
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infection
- Skin and Structure Infection
- Intra-abdominal Infection
- Gynecological Infections
- Bone and Joint Infections
How Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate) Works?
Clindac A 1% w/w Gel contains an active ingredient, Clindamycin Phosphate (1% w/w), an antibiotic which stops the bacterial growth by inhibiting the synthesis of essential proteins, that are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions
Before You Use Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate):
You should be sure that:
- You are not allergic to it
- It is not affecting the mother and baby during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- It is not interacting with the medicines you are taking with it
When Not To Use Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate)?
You should avoid using the Gel if you:
- Are Allergic/Hypersensitive to it
- If you are taking some medicines or supplements which raise the chances of Allergy or sunburn Eg: Antibiotics and Medicines to treat mood problems
- If you have Crohn’s Disease and Colon Inflammation
- If you are pregnant/conceiving/Breastfeeding and it is affecting your condition
- If your skin is accidentally injured, has cuts and scrapes.
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are allergic to Clindac A 1% w/w Gel
- Have suffered from Diarrhea or bloody Diarrhea after using this
- Are using some Skin Products, Herbal Products or Over The Counter Medicine
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive or breastfeeding as it may harm the unborn or newly born baby
- Have Crohn’s disease (a chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines), antibiotic-associated colitis (colon inflammation)
- Have Skin injuries, bruises, chopped and dry skin, and have open wounds
- Have sunburnt Skin
- Have any Pre-existing Skin Disease, or any Surgery
Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate) is available in various strengths at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore, and medical supply store. It should be used as directed by your doctor. It is not recommended for the children and caution should be taken in pregnant women.
You should apply the required amount of Gel as the excessive Gel will not increase the healing process but the piling of the Gel or few side effects.
How Much Of Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate) Should Be Applied?
Recommended Dosage: Take pea size Gel on your fingertip and apply a thin layer of the Gel to the affected area once/twice a day as suggested by your doctor.
How To Apply Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate)?
Here are the basic and easy steps to use the Gel:
- You should wash and dry your hands and the affected area properly prior to the Gel application
- Wait for few minutes until dry
- Take a pea size Gel on your fingertip and apply it by rubbing gently over the affected area (avoid applying near eyes, mouth, nose and inner ear).
- Clean your hands carefully after applying unless your hands are the affected area.
For How Long Should You Continue Applying Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate)?
You should use this Gel for as long as directed by your physician. Moreover, its effects usually become noticeable (about after 2-3 days to weeks) after its use.
Overdose Of Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate):
Excessive Gel application results only in pilling of Gel. It shows its effect on time and applying too much of it will not accelerate the process.
Missed Dose Of Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate)?
A missed dose should be applied as soon as you remember it. Skip the missed dose and go back to your regular routine if it is almost time for the next dose. Do not apply multiple doses at the same time.
Side Effects Of Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate):
The side effects of Clindac A 1% w/w Gel include:
- Decreased Cholesterol Level in Blood
- Decreased Copper Level
- Loss of Appetite
- Stomach Cramps
Drugs Interact With Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate):
Using other drugs, herbal supplements or any substances may alter the medicinal effects of Clindac A 1% w/w Gel. It may cause either an allergic reaction or a serious adverse effect and may nullify the effect of your Gel. Few drugs which interact with Clindamycin Phosphate:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Cholera Vaccine
- Skin Cosmetics and Topical Herbal Products may also react with the Gel if applied simultaneously but for the detailed knowledge and instructions always take your doctor’s advice.
Clindac A 1% w/w Gel should not be used or used very cautiously in:
- Hypersensitive conditions
- Sunburnt Skin
- Drug Resistance
- Gastro-Intestinal Disease
- Clostridium Difficile Associated Diarrhea
- Clindamycin Phosphate may cause Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis, Drug Reaction with Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms (DRESS), and Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS). So stop using it if you suffer any of the symptoms
- Impaired Liver/Kidney Function
- Open wounds and Injured Skin
Warning And Precautions:
- If skin irritation or allergy persists after using this Gel then stop using it and consult your doctor
- Avoid direct contact with your eyes and if it happens, contact your doctor immediately
- Do not use it during Intercourse or vice versa if you are using some birth control device
- Always keep the Gel in proper conditions and out of the reach of children.
Things To Remember:
- Read the insert of the tube thoroughly.
- Always tell your doctor about your medical history and follow the instructions as directed by the doctor.
How To Store Clindac A 1% w/w Gel (Clindamycin Phosphate)?
Keep the tube in a dry, dark and clean place. Avoid refrigeration