International Brand Name
Valsartan (80Mg) + Hydrochlorothiazide (12.5Mg)
Novartis India Ltd
Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet (Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide)
What Is The Generic Name For Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet:
Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide is the generic version for Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet
Which International Brand is Equivalent To Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet (Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide):
About Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet (Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide)
Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet contains two active ingredients, Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide, which helps reduce high blood pressure, thus lowering the likelihood of any future heart attack & stroke. It can also be used to improve the symptoms of chronic heart failure. This drug helps to preserve kidney function, particularly in patients with diabetes. Hypertension is a situation in which the blood vessels have steadily raised pressure. In hypertension, the blood exerts amplified pressure on the walls of the vessels. Therefore, it is also known as high blood pressure. Heart Failure is a situation in which the heart is unable to pump adequate blood to meet the body's needs. Heart failure is a syndrome which can result from any structural or functional cardiac disorder that impairs the capability of the ventricle to fill with or eject blood. This medicine may be used alone or in combination with other medicines. This medicine is readily available at all the primary pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores & must be taken strictly on doctor’s prescription only.
Novartis India Ltd. is one of the primary pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet.
Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet contains two active constituents, Valsartan (80 mg) & Hydrochlorothiazide (12.5 mg). This medicine is readily available in other substitutes and also at all the primary online pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet (Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide):
Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet is used in the treatment in the following conditions:
How Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet (Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide) Works:
Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet has two active ingredients; Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide. Valsartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). This drug relaxes blood vessel by blocking the action of a chemical which usually makes blood vessels tighter. This lowers the blood pressure, thus allowing the blood to flow more smoothly to different organs & the heart to pump more efficiently. Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide blocks the actions of angiotensin II that include constricting blood vessels & activating aldosterone, to reduce blood pressure. This drug binds to angiotensin type I receptors (AT1), working as an antagonist. Hydrochlorothiazide drug is a diuretic, which removes extra water & certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels & improves blood flow.
Before You Use Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet (Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide):
Make certain that:
- You are not sensitive to Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide
- You are not having any grave Disease
- Your doctor must be well-informed regarding your medicinal history like your pre-existing disease, surgeries & Medications, Supplements, Food Habits, lifestyle, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet (Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet (Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide):
You should not take Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have Anuria
- Have Hyperkalemia
- Have diabetes
- Have blood volume and electrolyte depletion
- Have renal artery stenosis
- Are pregnant
- Have infections
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an Allergy to the Tablet
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver/ Kidney disease
- Have infections
Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet contains two active ingredients, Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide, which helps reduce high blood pressure, thus lowering the likelihood of any future heart attack & stroke. This medicine is readily available in different substitutes & strengths & has got to be purchased or taken on doctor’s prescription only. You must speak about with your physician for adjustment of dosage and time of the medicine given that age & severity of the disease differ from person to person, and this can only be finest judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet (Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide) to Be Used:
As Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet is available in various strengths & substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions & instructions to take Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet. You should not take the Tablet on your own & for a longer time than recommended by the doctor.
How To Take The Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet (Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide):
Take Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow the medicine as a whole and not chew, crush, or break the Tablet. Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet (Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide):
You are always advised to take Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet as prescribed. You must not start/stop using this medication on your own. You have to follow all the guidelines given by your doctor, rigorously. You should not take the Tablet in a larger or smaller degree or for a longer period than recommended by your doctor.
You have to seek medical emergency treatment and/ or get in touch with your medical doctor instantly in case of some overdose symptoms. The emergency action will be initiated without holdup by your medical doctor if they detect overdose symptoms.
The missed dosage of the Tablet has to to be administered as quickly as possible. You should strictly skip the missed dosage if it is by now the time for your next planned dosage. It is strictly advised not to double the dosage of the treatment to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet (Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide):
- Difficult or painful urination
- Fast heartbeat
- Chest tightness
- Sore throat
- Itching or rash
- Abdominal and stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Joint pain, stiffness, and swelling
- Taste change
- Decreased blood pressure
Increased blood lipid level
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Increased blood uric acid
- Glucose intolerance
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Some medicines have been reported to interact with Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet. These interactions might produce some needless or unfavorable effects and/or cause your drug not to function properly. You must continually have a discussion with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements so that well calculated medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicines
It can also interact with the following disease condition:
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- You must avoid taking potassium containing foods & supplements while taking this medicine due to the increased risk of weakness, confusion, irregular heartbeat, etc.
Warning And Precaution:
Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- Use of this medicine is not recommended by small children less than 18 years of age
- You have to frequently get your blood tests done to check your blood cells, liver & kidney function, electrolyte levels (like potassium) & hemoglobin levels during treatment with this medicine
- You must take plenty of fluids as taking this medicine may cause dehydration
- You must also get your blood pressure & levels of proteins in urine checked regularly while taking this medicine
- You are advised to follow a strict exercise & diet regimen along with this medicine to get the best possible effect
- You must not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- You must not drive or operate heavy machines simultaneously as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- Always talk about with your medical doctor straight away to get the most excellent possible treatment if you are observing several of the above mentioned conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet out of reach & sight of the children
- This medicine is strictly used with vigilance for treatment of children
- Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet is not suggested for use in pregnant women owing to the increased risk of harmful effects on the unborn baby
- You must always check up the information in particular printed on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- Always talk about with your medical doctor if you have any doubt in case of the dosage, time & strength of the medicine.
Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet should be taken as recommended by your doctor. Do not take this prescription for a longer period than recommended by the medical doctor.
Store the Co-Diovan 160/12.5 Tablet at room temperature in dark & dry place. Make sure the Tablet is intact & not broken while purchasing or storing.
|Item Condition||Price Currency||MPN||Product Id||PriceValidUntil|
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. What are generic medicines?Generic medicines are the medicines that have the same active ingredients as that of the brand medicines but differ in inactive ingredients (ingredients that are used for coloring, preservation, etc.). Generics have the same side-effects, treatment, precautions, and dosage as that of the brand medicine. They are approved by WHO.
Q2. Why are generic medicines cheaper and are they safe to use?Generic medicines are cheap because they do not involve the cost of marketing, advertisement, promotion, attractive packaging, etc. All the brand medicines spend a lot of money on the aforementioned processes and the final cost is added to the products cost. Generic medicines are exclusive of this cost. These medicines are approved by WHO and completely safe to use.
Q3. Is a prescription compulsory to place an order at Cheap Medicine Shop?Ans. Cheap Medicine Shop does not entertain the sale on any medicine online in the absence of a legitimate prescription certified by a doctor. The order stands cancel on the failure to submit the prescription within fifteen days from the date of placing the order.
Q4. How long does the delivery of the order take?Ans. We promise you to deliver the order at your doorstep within 15 days in the US and 3 to 4 weeks for other countries, from the date of confirmation of the order.