Cosart 50 Mg
USA Brand Name
Cosart 50 Mg (Losartan Potassium)
What Is The Generic Name For Cosart 50 Mg?
Losartan Potassium is the generic version for Cosart 50 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cosart 50 Mg (Losartan Potassium)?
- Losartan Potassium
About Cosart 50 Mg (Losartan Potassium)
Cosart 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Losartan Potassium, which is used in the treatment of Hypertension and Heart Failure and available at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Unichem Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Cosart 50 mg.
Cosart 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Losartan Potassium, 50 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cosart 50 Mg (Losartan Potassium)?
Cosart 50 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- It also lowers the risk of Heart attack and Stroke
How Cosart 50 Mg (Losartan Potassium) Works?
Cosart 50 mg has an active ingredient, Losartan Potassium which is an angiotensin receptor blocker and relaxes blood vessels which lower the blood pressure and also reduces the workload of the heart.
Before You Use Cosart 50 Mg (Losartan Potassium)?
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Losartan Potassium
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your medical history (about your Surgeries, all diseases, pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cosart 50 Mg?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving as it may cause Dizziness
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cosart 50 Mg (Losartan Potassium)?
You should not take Cosart 50 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Ailments
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Diabetes
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any other Dysfunction or Disease
Cosart 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Losartan Potassium, which is used in the treatment of Hypertension and Heart Failure. Cosart 50 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should ask your doctor for the duration of dosage and frequency as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Cosart 50 mg at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. This should not be given to children below age 6 years/ Pregnant Population.
How Much Of The Cosart 50 Mg (Losartan Potassium) to Be Used?
Cosart 50 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Cosart 50 mg.
How To Take The Cosart 50 Mg (Losartan Potassium)?
Cosart 50 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly with or without food or as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Avoid chewing and crushing.
You should avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods like banana and broccoli
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cosart 50 Mg?
You are always advised to take Cosart 50 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You are not advised to take it in the larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Always contact your doctor immediately if you ever suspect symptoms of an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Cosart 50 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Cosart 50 mg must be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cosart 50 Mg (Losartan Potassium)?
- Stomach Pain
- Difficulty or Painful Urination
- Fast Heartbeats
- Back Pain
- Chest Tightness
- Weakness in Arms, Hands, Legs or Feet
- Nasal Congestion
- Sore Throat
- Acid or Sour Stomach
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Cosart 50 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It also interacts with the following diseased conditions:
Warning And Precaution:
Cosart 50 mg can worsen the conditions like:
- Impaired Liver Function
- It should not be given to Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment when you are suffering from all these conditions
Things To Remember:
- Regular Exercise and Proper Diet is necessary
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Cosart 50 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Always take the doses in time for a persistent effect.
Store the Cosart 50 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.