Dapsone 100 Mg
USA Brand Name
Dapsone 100 Mg (Dapsone)
What Is The Generic Name For Dapsone 100 Mg?
Dapsone is the generic version for Dapsone 100 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Dapsone 100 Mg (Dapsone)?
About Dapsone 100 Mg (Dapsone)
Dapsone 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Dapsone, which is used in the treatment of Leprosy. It is available at all the drugstore, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
GSK (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Dapsone 100 mg.
Dapsone 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Dapsone, 100 mg, available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Dapsone 100 Mg (Dapsone)?
Dapsone 100 mg is used in the treatment of:
How Dapsone 100 Mg (Dapsone) Works?
Dapsone 100 mg is an antibiotic which has Dapsone, as an active ingredient. It basically stops the growth of the bacteria in the body.
Before You Use Dapsone 100 Mg (Dapsone):
- Make sure that you are taking Alcohol
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Disease or Medication)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Dapsone 100 Mg (Dapsone)?
- You should avoid Alcohol
- You should avoid other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Dapsone 100 Mg (Dapsone)?
You should avoid Dapsone 100 mg if you:
- Have Allergy to Dapsone
- Have any Lung/Heart Disease
- Are pregnant or conceiving
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the tablet
- Have any other heart disease
- Have Lung Disease
- Have any kidney or liver disease
- Are taking alcohol or other drugs
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Dapsone 100 mg is containing Dapsone as an active ingredient that stops the growth of the bacteria and cures from Leprosy. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and can be taken as directed by the doctor. Number and Duration of the doses for the treatment depend on the severity of the disease.
It is reported to be efficient when taken at fixed time intervals with or without food. Dosage can be adjusted according to the requirement of the patient.
How Much Of The Dapsone 100 Mg (Dapsone) to Be Used?
Dapsone 100 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Dapsone 100 mg.
How To Take The Dapsone 100 Mg (Dapsone)?
Dapsone 100 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with the water. Do not chew or crush it. It is can be better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Dapsone 100 Mg (Dapsone)?
You are always advised to take Dapsone 100 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
You should contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Dapsone 100 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. You can skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed it once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Dapsone 100 Mg (Dapsone)?
- Increased Sensitivity to Light
- Abnormal Liver Function/Inflammation
- Loss of Appetite
- Nerve Injury
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Abdominal Pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Dapsone 100 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Drugs for Tuberculosis (TB)
- Antibiotics (Gocox)
- Flavonoid (Tricin)
- This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Liver Dysfunction
- Heart Disease
- Lung Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Dapsone 100 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Heart/Lung Disease
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Patients with liver and kidney disease
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment for the disease
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- Regular Blood Counts should be performed during treatment with Dapsone to check the incidence of Hemolysis.
- Dapsone 100 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Dapsone 100 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.