Dicorate ER 125 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Dicorate ER 125 Mg (Divalproex)
What Is The Generic Name For Dicorate ER 125 Mg?
Divalproex is the generic version for Dicorate ER 125 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Dicorate ER 125 Mg (Divalproex)?
- Depakote ER
About Dicorate ER 125 Mg (Divalproex)
Dicorate ER 125 mg contains an active ingredient, Divalproex, which is used to control Seizures and Migraine Headaches. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Dicorate ER 125 mg.Dicorate ER 125 mg contains an active ingredient, Divalproex, 125 mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Dicorate ER 125 Mg (Divalproex)?
Dicorate ER 125 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Migraine Prophylaxis
How Dicorate ER 125 Mg (Divalproex) Works?
Dicorate ER 125 mg is an antiepileptic medication which has Divalproex, as an active ingredient. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Before You Use Dicorate ER 125 Mg (Divalproex):
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Dicorate ER 125 Mg (Divalproex)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid consuming alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Dicorate ER 125 Mg (Divalproex)?
You should not take Dicorate ER 125 mg if you:
- Have an allergy to Dicorate ER 125 mg.
- Have any Liver Disease
- Have Urea cycle disorders
- Have mitochondrial disorders
- Are Driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the tablet
- Have any liver problems
- Have Cytomegalovirus Infection
- Have HIV Infection
- Have History of Cancer
- Have a history of Alcohol Abuse
- Are Pregnant or trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Dicorate ER 125 mg contains an active ingredient, Divalproex, which is used to control Seizures and Migraine Headaches. It is available in various strengths for effective treatment. Patients should take this medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Dicorate ER 125 mg should be taken at a fixed time followed by the dose and time as instructed by the doctor.
Dose can be reduced or enhanced depending upon the severity of the disease. It should not be given to Children below the age of 2 years.
How Much Of The Dicorate ER 125 Mg (Divalproex) to Be Used?
Dicorate ER 125 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Dicorate ER 125 mg.
How To Take The Dicorate ER 125 Mg (Divalproex)?
Dicorate ER 125 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Dicorate ER 125 Mg (Divalproex)?
You are always advised to take Dicorate ER 125 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow the instructions given by your doctor. Avoid taking Dicorate ER 125 mg in a larger or smaller amount or for a longer period than recommended.
You should contact your doctor if you suspected an overdose.
You should take every dose of Dicorate ER 125 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take two doses at the next dose time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Dicorate ER 125 Mg (Divalproex)?
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Blurred vision
- Weight gain
- Muscle pain
- Sore Throat
- Yellow colored eyes or skin
- Loss of appetite
- Liver function abnormal
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Dicorate ER 125 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Liver disease
Warning And Precaution:
Dicorate ER 125 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Bleeding Disorders
- Suicidal behavior
- Elderly people
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Patients with liver and kidney disease
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should be used cautiously in all diseased conditions.
- Dicorate ER 125 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Dicorate ER 125 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.