Doxylin 100 Mg Capsule
USA Brand Name
Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Doxylin 100 Mg Capsule (Doxycycline)
What Is The Generic Name For Doxylin 100 Mg Capsule:
Doxycycline is the generic version for Doxylin 100 mg Capsule
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Doxylin 100 Mg Capsule (Doxycycline):
About Doxylin 100 Mg Capsule (Doxycycline)
Doxylin 100 mg Capsule contains an active ingredient, Doxycycline, which is used in the treatment of Bacterial infection. It is used in the treatment of infections in the lungs, reproductive organs & also used as prophylaxis for malaria. Bacterial infection is caused by bacteria which are a kind of microorganisms which are made of only one cell. Bacteria live in all types of the environment including extreme hot & cold conditions. Millions of bacteria are there in the environment around us, on our body & inside it. Bacteria are both harmful & useful to us. In fact, only a small quantity of bacteria is responsible for illnesses. Many are valuable, such as those involved in immunity, digestion, & production of antibiotics & food products. This medicine is readily obtainable at all the primary pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores & it must be taken strictly on doctor’s prescription only.
Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is one of the primary pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Doxylin 100 mg Capsule.
Doxylin 100 mg Capsule contains an active constituent, Doxycycline (100 mg). This medicine is readily obtainable in other substitutes and also at all the primary online pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Doxylin 100 Mg Capsule (Doxycycline):
Doxylin 100 mg Capsule is used in the treatment in the following conditions:
- Mycoplasma Pneumonia
- Chlamydia Infection
- Malaria prophylaxis
- Rickettsial Infection
How Doxylin 100 Mg Capsule (Doxycycline) Works:
Doxylin 100 mg Capsule has an active ingredient; Doxycycline, an antibiotic which stops bacterial growth by preventing the synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Doxycycline is a broad-spectrum antibiotic which inhibits the synthesis of bacterial proteins by binding to the 30S ribosomal subunit that is only found in bacteria. This prevents the binding of transfer RNA to messenger RNA at the ribosomal subunit which means amino acids cannot be added to polypeptide chains & new proteins cannot be made. This stops bacterial growth giving the immune system time to kill & remove the bacteria.
Before You Use Doxylin 100 Mg Capsule (Doxycycline):
Make certain that:
- You are not sensitive to Doxycycline
- You are not having some grave Disease
- Your doctor must be well informed concerning your medicinal history like your pre-existing disease, surgeries & Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, lifestyle, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Doxylin 100 Mg Capsule (Doxycycline):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Doxylin 100 Mg Capsule (Doxycycline):
You should not take Doxylin 100 mg Capsule if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Are pregnant
- Have infections
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an Allergy to the Capsule
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have photosensitivity
- Have Liver/ Kidney disease
- Have infections
Doxylin 100 mg Capsule contains an active ingredient, Doxycycline, which is used in the treatment of bacterial infection. This medicine is readily obtainable in different substitutes & strength. It has got to be purchased or taken on doctor’s prescription only. You must speak about with your medical doctor for adjustment of dosage & time of the medicine given that age & severity of the disease differ from person to person, and this can only be finest judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Doxylin 100 mg Capsule at a fixed time without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Doxylin 100 mg Capsule regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Doxylin 100 Mg Capsule (Doxycycline) to Be Used:
As Doxylin 100 mg Capsule is available in various strengths & substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions & instructions to take Doxylin 100 mg Capsule. You should not take the Capsule on your own & for a longer time than recommended by the doctor.
How To Take The Doxylin 100 Mg Capsule (Doxycycline):
Take Doxylin 100 mg Capsule in the dose and duration as suggested by your doctor. Swallow the medicine as a whole & not chew, crush, or break the Capsule. Doxylin 100 mg Capsule can be taken empty stomach, but it is better to take it at a fixed time. You must take this medicine one hour prior to food or two hours after food, with a full glass of water. You can receive this medicine with food if it upsets your stomach. You must avoid Doxylin 100 mg Capsule with dairy products such as milk, cheese, curd, butter, paneer & ice cream.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Doxylin 100 Mg Capsule (Doxycycline):
You are always advised to take Doxylin 100 mg Capsule as prescribed. You should not start/stop using this medication abruptly on your own. You must follow all the guidelines given by your doctor, rigorously. You should not take the Capsule in a larger or smaller degree or for an extended period than recommended by your doctor.
You should seek medical emergency treatment and/ or get in touch with your medical doctor instantaneously in case of some overdose symptoms. The emergency action will be initiated without delay by your medical doctor if they detect overdose symptoms.
The missed dosage of the Capsule has to be administered as fast as possible. You must strictly skip the missed dosage if it is by now the time for your next planned dosage. It is strictly recommended not to double the dosage of the treatment to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Doxylin 100 Mg Capsule (Doxycycline):
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased appetite
- Joint pain
- Blurred vision
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- Pale skin
- Difficult or painful urination
- Mouth ulcers
- Teeth discoloration
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Some medicines have been reported to interact with Doxylin 100 mg Capsule. These interactions might produce some needless or unfavorable effects or may cause your drug not to function properly. You must constantly have a discussion with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements so that well-intended medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Cholera Vaccine
- Calcium gluconate
It can also interact with the following disease condition:
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
Warning And Precaution:
Doxylin 100 mg Capsule can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- Use of this medicine is not recommended by children and adolescents
- You have to frequently get your blood tests done to check your blood cells, liver & kidney function, electrolyte levels & hemoglobin levels during treatment with this medicine
- You must avoid excessive sun exposure & use sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors
- You must also get your blood pressure & levels of proteins in urine checked regularly while taking this medicine
- You must not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- You must not drive or operate heavy machines simultaneously as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- Always talk about with your medical doctor straight away to get the most excellent possible treatment if you are observing several of the above-mentioned conditions.
Things To Remember:
Keep the Doxylin 100 mg Capsule out of reach & sight of the children
- This medicine is strictly used with vigilance for treatment of children
- Doxylin 100 mg Capsule is not suggested for use in pregnant women owing to the increased risk of harmful effects on the unborn baby
- You must always check up the information in particular printed on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- Always talk about with your medical doctor if you have any doubt in case of the dosage, time & strength of the medicine.
Doxylin 100 mg Capsule should be taken as recommended by your doctor. Do not take this prescription for a longer period than recommended by the medical doctor.
Store the Doxylin 100 mg Capsule at room temperature in dark & dry place. Make sure the Capsule is intact & not broken while purchasing or storing.