Duovir 150+300 Mg
USA Brand Name
Lamivudine + Zidovudine
Duovir (150 + 300) Mg (Lamivudine and Zidovudine)
What Is The Generic Name For Duovir:
Lamivudine and Zidovudine is the generic version for Duovir
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Duovir (150 + 300) Mg (Lamivudine and Zidovudine):
About Duovir (150 + 300) Mg (Lamivudine and Zidovudine)
Duovir (150 + 300) mg contains the active ingredients, Lamivudine and Zidovudine, which is used in the treatment of HIV Infection. Duovir (150 + 300) mg is a prescription drug and is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Duovir (150 + 300) mg.
Duovir (150 + 300) mg contains Lamivudine 150 mg and Zidovudine 300mg per tablet and can be found at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Duovir (150 + 300) Mg (Lamivudine and Zidovudine):
Duovir (150 + 300) mg is used in the treatment of:
- HIV Infection
How Duovir (150 + 300) Mg (Lamivudine and Zidovudine) Works:
Duovir (150 + 300) mg is an antiviral medicine which has Lamivudine and Zidovudine which work by preventing HIV (virus) from multiplying, hence reducing the amount of virus in your body. These ingredients also increase the CD4 cell (white blood cells that protect against infection) count in your blood.
Before You Use Duovir (150 + 300) Mg (Lamivudine and Zidovudine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic
- You do not have liver or kidney problems
- You are not Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Your doctor knows about your medical history (all pre-existing diseases or surgeries or medication)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Duovir (150 + 300) Mg (Lamivudine and Zidovudine):
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Duovir (150 + 300) Mg (Lamivudine and Zidovudine):
You should not take Duovir (150 + 300) mg if you:
- Have ever noticed hypersensitivity
- Are having symptoms like skin rash, blistering, mouth sores, swelling of the face, shortness of breath, muscle or joint pain or general feelings of illness
- Have renal impairment and Diabetes
- Have Severe Eye Inflammation
- Have pancreatic Inflammation, bone disorders, and unbalanced fat distribution
- Have other Hepatic Disease or Disorder
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have any other Liver (Hepatic) Problems like Hepatitis B Infection
- Have any Heart Problem as it lowers the Blood Pressure
- Have Eye Inflammation
- Have Diabetes, Bone problems, pancreatic problems, redistribution of fats
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive/ Breastfeeding
- Are taking any other medicine for pre-existing Disease
Duovir (150 + 300) mg contains, Lamivudine and Zidovudine, which is used in the treatment of HIV Infection. Consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient. You are also advised to complete the full treatment course.
Adults are advised to take Duovir (150 + 300) mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with or without food. It is not recommended for pediatric/Pregnant/Breastfeeding woman.
How Much Of The Duovir (150 + 300) Mg (Lamivudine and Zidovudine) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Duovir (150 + 300) mg.
How To Take The Duovir (150 + 300) Mg (Lamivudine and Zidovudine):
Duovir (150 + 300) mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without food. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Duovir (150 + 300) Mg (Lamivudine and Zidovudine):
Patients are always advised to take Duovir- N as prescribed by your doctor. You must not start/stop taking the tablet yourself. You are not advised to take Duovir- N in a smaller/ larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. Complete the course of medicines for effective results.
Contact your doctor immediately or reach nearby medical emergency if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms.
Always try to take every dose of Duovir (150 + 300) mg regularly. A missed dose of Duovir- N should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose and do not double it.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Duovir (150 + 300) Mg (Lamivudine and Zidovudine):
- Runny nose
- Hair loss
- Dizzy or tired
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Duovir (150 + 300) mg may interact with many other medicines if taken simultaneously and can produce some adverse effects or cause your medicines not to work properly. Hence, always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or Vitamins/Food/Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Duovir (150 + 300) mg should be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Kidney (Renal Failure) and heart Diseases
- Eye Inflammation
- Other Infection like HBV or HCV
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- You should monitor Liver and Renal Function Test on regular basis whenever required.
- Read the information written on the leaflet of medicine carefully.
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, duration and the strength of the Tablet.
Duovir- N should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the tablet at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.