Dutas 0.5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, India
Dutas 0.5 Mg (Dutasteride)
What Is The Generic Name For Dutas 0.5 Mg?
Dutasteride is the generic version for Dutas 0.5 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Dutas 0.5 Mg (Dutasteride)?
About Dutas 0.5 Mg (Dutasteride):
Dutas 0.5 mg contains an active ingredient, Dutasteride, which is used to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. You may get it from all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores but only on doctor’s prescription.
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Dutas 0.5 mg.
Dutas 0.5 mg contains an active ingredient, Dutasteride 0.5 mg per capsule which is in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Dutas 0.5 Mg (Dutasteride)?
- Dutas 0.5 mg Is Used in:
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
How Dutas 0.5 Mg (Dutasteride) Works?
Dutas 0.5 mg capsule contains Dutasteride, a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor that blocks an enzyme necessary to change testosterone to another hormone that causes the prostate to grow. Thus, it helps to shrink the prostate and relieve the symptoms like difficulty in passing urine.
Before You Use Dutas 0.5 Mg (Dutasteride):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Dutasteride
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Dutas 0.5 Mg (Dutasteride)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Dutas 0.5 Mg (Dutasteride)?
You should not take Dutas 0.5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have any Kidney/Liver Dysfunctioning
- Are Children and Females
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Sexual Dysfunctioning
- Have Diabetes/Heart Problems/Irregular Heartbeats
- Have High Blood Pressure/Migraine
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have gone through any surgery
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Dutas 0.5 mg contains an active ingredient, Dutasteride, which is used in Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always discuss with your doctor for the duration and dosage as taking it for a long time may lead to adverse effects.
Adults are advised to take Dutas 0.5 mg at a fixed time with or without food as suggested by the doctor. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for children and women. It can be used only in males and it works well in patients with prostate greater than 40 ml in volume.
How Much Of The Dutas 0.5 Mg (Dutasteride) To Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Dutas 0.5 mg capsules.
How To Take The Dutas 0.5 Mg (Dutasteride)?
Dutas 0.5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without food or as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the capsule as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Dutas 0.5 Mg (Dutasteride)?
You are always advised to take Dutas 0.5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount/or for a long period. Symptoms improve after 3-4 months of treatment.
You should always call your doctor immediately if you are suspecting any symptoms of an Overdose.
A missed dose of Dutas 0.5 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is missed. Do not take multiple doses next time to make up for the missed dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Dutas 0.5 Mg (Dutasteride)?
- Chest Pain and Discomfort
- Swelling of Face and Lips
- Skin Rash
- Decreased Libido
- Abnormal Ejaculation and Erectile Problems
- Breast Discharge
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Dutas 0.5 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Dutas 0.5 Mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- It is not recommended for Pregnant/Breastfeeding women and children.
- Always contact your doctor for all the pre-existing Diseases and medications for the dose adjustments and effective usage.
Things To Remember:
- You should take care of yourself while taking medication as it can be absorbed by your skin and if it comes in contact with your skin you should wash suddenly.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do consult with your doctor in case of any confusion of dose, time, and route of administration of the medication.
Do not stop Dutas 0.5 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Dutas 0.5 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the capsules should be intact and not damaged.