Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet
USA Brand Name
Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Eltroxin 100 Mcg Tablet (Thyroxine/ Levothyroxine)
What Is The Generic Name For Eltroxin 100 Mcg Tablet:
Thyroxine is the generic version for Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Eltroxin 100 Mcg Tablet (Thyroxine):
About Eltroxin 100 Mcg Tablet (Thyroxine)
Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Thyroxine, which is used to treat an underactive thyroid gland, a condition known as hypothyroidism. This medicine replaces the hormone which thyroid gland does not produce enough of & helps regulate the body’s energy and metabolism. Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland is less active. The amount of thyroid hormone formed is less than the required levels. The thyroid hormone is an important metabolic hormone. This disease is seen in adults above the age of 40 years and is more common in women. This medicine is obtainable with all the leading primary pharmacies, drugstores, & medical supply stores easily however this medicine must be taken strictly on doctor’s prescription only.
Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is the primary pharmaceutical company which manufacture Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet.
Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet contains an active constituent, Thyroxine (100 mcg). This medicine is obtainable in other substitutes with all the leading primary online pharmacies, drugstores, & medical supply stores easily.
What Are The Uses Of The Eltroxin 100 Mcg Tablet (Thyroxine):
Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet is used for the treatment in the following conditions:
- Thyroid cancer
- Myxedema coma
How Eltroxin 100 Mcg Tablet (Thyroxine) Works:
Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet has an active ingredient; Thyroxine which is a synthetic version of a hormone produced by the thyroid gland. It acts by replacing the thyroid hormones which the thyroid gland cannot produce in a sufficient quantity, & relieves the symptoms of hypothyroidism (tiredness, weight gain, & depression).
Before You Use Eltroxin 100 Mcg Tablet (Thyroxine):
Make certain that:
- You are not having some severe Disease
- You are not sensitive to Thyroxine
- Your doctor has to be up to date regarding your medical history like your pre-existing disease, Medications& surgeries, lifestyle, Supplements, Food Habits, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Eltroxin 100 Mcg Tablet (Thyroxine):
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Eltroxin 100 Mcg Tablet (Thyroxine):
You should not take Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have Thyrotoxicosis
- Have Adrenal insufficiency
- Have Acute myocardial infarction
- Are patient with thyroid nodules
- Are postmenopausal women with osteoporosis, heart disease, or any other systemic illness
- Are pregnant
- Have infections
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an Allergy to the Tablet
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have diarrhea
- Have nervousness, irritability, sleep disturbances
- Have shaking hands, or chest pain
- Have Liver/ Kidney disease
- Have infections
Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Thyroxine that is used to treat an underactive thyroid gland, a condition known as hypothyroidism. This medicine is easily obtainable in diverse substitutes & strength easily. This medicine has to be purchased or taken on a doctor’s recommendation only. The patient must discuss with the medical doctor for the alteration of dosage & time of the medicine knowing the fact that severity of the disease varies from person to person. This adjustment can only be judged finest by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet at a fixed time without food as instructed by your medical doctor. You must take Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Eltroxin 100 Mcg Tablet (Thyroxine) to Be Used:
Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet is easily available in various strengths and substitutes. Patients are constantly suggested to follow doctor’s prescriptions & instructions to take Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet. You must not receive this Tablet on your own and for a longer period as recommended by the doctor.
How To Take The Eltroxin 100 Mcg Tablet (Thyroxine):
Take Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet in the dose & duration as suggested by your medical doctor. You have to swallow the medicine as a whole & not chew, crush, or break the Tablet. Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet must be taken empty stomach; however, it is always better to take this medicine at a set time. No food, milk, or tea must be taken 1 hour before & 2 hours after taking this medicine.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Eltroxin 100 Mcg Tablet (Thyroxine):
You are always advised to take Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet as prescribed. You should not start or stop using this medication all of a sudden on your own. You have to follow all the processes given by your doctor, scrupulously. You must not receive the Tablet in a larger or smaller measure or for an extended phase than suggested by your doctor.
You must look out for medical emergency treatment and/ or get in touch with your medical doctor instantaneously in a situation of any overdose symptoms. The urgent treatment will be initiated without delay by your medical doctor if they detect any overdose symptoms in you.
The missed dose of the Tablet ought to be taken as fast as viable. You must firmly skip the missed dose if it is the time for your next intended dosage by now. It is firmly suggested not to double the dosage of the treatment to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Eltroxin 100 Mcg Tablet (Thyroxine):
- Shaking and trembling of arms and feet
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Abdominal cramps
- Nervousness and irritability
- Excessive sweating
- Changes in the menstrual cycle
- Temporary hair loss
- Chest pain and discomfort
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Thyrotoxic crisis
- Weight loss
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Numerous medicines have been reported to interact with Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet. These interactions may generate some needless or unfavorable effects or it may possibly cause your drug not to function properly. You should frequently have a discussion with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements accordingly well-proposed medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Insulin and other antidiabetic medicines
- Antacids containing calcium/magnesium/aluminum
This drug can also interact with the following mentioned disease condition:
- Cardiovascular disease
Food items containing calcium & medicines or food supplements containing multivitamins with minerals may reduce the effects of this medication if both are taken together. There must be a minimum time gap of 4 hours between the consumption of these food items/ medicines and Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet. It is advised that you should discuss your food habits and diet with the doctor before starting treatment with this medicine.
Warning And Precaution:
Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- Use of this drug is not recommended by elderly patients
- You have to repeatedly get your blood tests done to check your liver & kidney function, blood cells, electrolyte levels & hemoglobin levels, throughout treatment with this medicine
- You have to leave a gap of at least 4 hours before taking any antacids, calcium or iron supplements, & multivitamins, as these may interfere with the effect of the medicine
- You have to get your hormone levels checked regularly & must inform your doctor if you notice a significant change in your body weight
- You should as well get your blood pressure & levels of proteins in urine checked regularly while taking this medicine
- This medicine must not be used for the treatment of obesity or male/female infertility.
- You should not drive or manage heavy machines alongside as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- You are supposed not to take this drug if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or are breastfeeding
- You must always discuss with your medical doctor to obtain the first-rate treatment if you are observing a number of the above-mentioned conditions/ symptoms.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet out of reach & view of the children
- This drug is strictly used with care for the treatment of elderly patients
- Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet is not suggested for use by pregnant women owing to the augmented risk of injurious effects on the unborn child
- You have to always check up the information in particularly printed on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- You must constantly discuss with your medical doctor if you have any uncertainty in terms of the dosage, strength & time of the drug.
Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet should be used as recommended by your doctor. You must not take this drug for a longer period than recommended by the medical doctor.
Store the Eltroxin 100 mcg Tablet at room temperature in dark & dry location. Make sure that the Tablet is intact & not broken while purchasing or storing.