Enapril 2.5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Intas Pharmaceuticals, India
Enapril-2.5 is marketed globally by Intas Pharmaceuticals and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. The active ingredient present in Enapril-2.5 is Enalapril Maleate. Enalapril Maleate is used in the treatment of hypertension, asymptomatic left ventricular dysfunction and heart failure.
Manufacturer of Enapril-2.5
Enapril-2.5, that contains 2.5 mg of Enalapril Maleate, is manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals. It is mainly marketed and supplied by the company and its associates in India.
Enapril-2.5 contains 2.5 mg of Enalapril Maleate.
USA Brands Equivalent to Enalapril Maleate, The Salt Present In Enapril-2.5
Use of Enalapril Maleate, The Salt Present In Enapril-2.5
- It is used to treat hypertension.
- It is used to treat heart failure.
- It is used to treat asymptomatic left ventricular dysfunction.
- Hypertension: It is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated.
- Heart Failure: It is a medical condition in which the heart is unable to pump sufficiently to maintain the blood flow to meet the body’s needs.
- Asymptomatic Left Ventricular Dysfunction: It is a medical condition in which the left lower chamber of heart stops functioning properly.
How Enapril-2.5 Works
Enapril-2.5, that contains the salt Enalapril Maleate, works by inhibiting an enzyme known as angiotensin converting enzyme which in turn results in decreased levels of a vasoconstrictor, angiotensin 2. This increases the plasma renin activity and thereby reduces aldosterone secretion.
How to take Enapril-2.5
Enapril-2.5, that contains the salt Enalapril Maleate, can be taken without regard to meals. Administer with one full glass of water. More information will be directed by your doctor.
Enalapril Maleate, the active salt present in Enapril-2.5, is usually to be taken in dosage which ranges from 0.2.5 to 20 mg and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store.
How Long Should I Continue To Take Enapril-2.5
It is always advisable to consult your physician before you start/stop taking the drug. Avoid taking such decisions on your own and do not self-medicate.
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take multiple doses at the same time
Drugs That Interact With Enalapril Maleate, The Salt Present In Enapril-2.5
The following drugs are known to interact with Enalapril Maleate, The Salt Present In Enapril-2.5:
Tell Your Doctor
- If you are allergic to Enalapril Maleate or any other component of this drug.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have high blood sugar (diabetes).
When Not To Take Enapril-2.5
Do not take Enapril-2.5 if you have allergic reactions to the salt or any of the excipients present in the formulation.
Side Effects of Enapril-2.5
Although rare, Enapril-2.5 may cause some side effects which include:
- Allergic reactions like rashes, itching, hives, tightness of chest, breathing problems etc.
- Frequent cough which lasts for a very long time.
- Unable to pass urine, weight gain, change in amount of urine passed which indicates kidney problems.
- Dizziness, chest pain, bad abdominal pain, liver problems, symptoms of angioedema etc.
Overdose of Enalapril Maleate, The Salt Present In Enapril-2.5
Possible effects of an overdose may vary from person to person. Immediately consult doctor when overdose is suspected. Seek medical care immediately.
General Information And Precautions
- Do not share your drugs with anyone.
- Take the drug at the same time of the day.
- Try not to miss any dose to gain the maximum benefit.
- Do not stop taking the drug without consulting your physician.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Talk to your doctor before consuming alcohol.